• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

Yeah when that temp dropped last night it happened in a hurry. My wife and I went for a walk while we waited for the Chinese restaurant to make our dinner and in the 15 minutes we were wandering around downtown it dropped nearly 20*. It was a good thing the wind was at our backs as we finished or it would have been unpleasant. This morning is dense fog again, a couple hundred feet visibility at best.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Saturday looks like our next warm up as the near record strength Central US low pumps the SE Ridge/WAR.  People will really appreciate this on a weekend day. 

037DC273-3E4A-4953-A153-08834D1C5827.thumb.png.edc636192f9a994ae1cd2640567f84ec.png

C7500554-5D0E-4768-8781-7FA03B83C8F8.thumb.png.fa284e9f8c99d07f02c35be58e5f0b43.png

Not for the people who have to work

This can wait for the summer.

6 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

We all complain when its hot.Try wearing the vest and the long pants all summer.

Walk in our shoes before making a smartass post.

I have to wear a uniform for work too. And I’m your side about the heat. Long pants are just horrible when it’s 80+ with 70+ dews. It’s the it’s too cold comments. You can always dress for the cold. I wear my snowboard pants and a gortex jacket when it’s below 20 and I can be outside for hours on end just fine   

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Meh I wish it was cold all year round. It would make my job easier.

Summers like 2009 and 2014 have become the exception rather than the rule. Even recent years with less heat like 2017 were really humid. It’s not easy working outdoors away from the immediate shore during the summer.