• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 Discussion

Hoosier

Robbed of the 1"-2" I was expecting from the current storm.  I saw neither flake nor drop.  Now looking like the 1-2" of snow I was hoping for Sunday night won't happen either.  Looking forward there's unseasonably cold air in lower Canada for a couple of weeks yet and split flow delivering plenty of disturbances which are lined up all the way back to Asia right now.  Plenty of opportunities for cold air intrusions but the climo clock is ticking.  Timing will be everything but I won't write off an overnight 1/2" event even in early May.

1 hour ago, beavis1729 said:

ORD and RFD have a chance for record lows tomorrow. Record is 28, set in 1992 and 1976, respectively. 

I can see it happening.  Nice pool of temps around 30 just north and west.  If clouds clear out before dawn should be no problem.  I can say upstream here high clouds are drying right up.  My forecast low is 21.  Currently 36 with a dew point of 19 and I'll have fun watching it tank.

It'll be interesting to see how cold some locations that received snow get later tonight.  Winds should drop off quite a bit towards morning as the ridge axis moves through Iowa and Wisconsin.  Wouldn't be surprised to see some teens show up in low-lying areas that received more than a few inches of snow.  Best shot looks like north-central/far northwest IL, southwest WI, and into northeast IA where the ridge axis should knock winds back the most.

Widespread 1-2" rainfall totals across the area from the heavy rain and t'storms last night and this morning. ORD picked up 1.54" with that first round.

The second round from tomorrow morning into Wednesday morning should drop another 1-3" across the area, then a third round for Wednesday night into Thursday.

3 hours ago, Indystorm said:

Current Indpls temp.....72 degrees ....ten above point forecast high for today...partly sunny skies

Meanwhile, up here north of the front it only made it to 50°...seven degrees below the point forecast. 22° difference in 80 miles.  Blustery and rainy.

Dense fog this morning with a bit of fresh snow and ice overnight.  It's warming up, but still very cool here in the north.  April had 4 days in the 50's and two days that made it to 60.  Average high this month has been 43 and the low 25.  Look like another round of rain and wet snow to start May. Still haven't heard any peepers yet.

LOT dropping the ball with headlines once again...In this case flood headlines. Should have been under a flood watch for this multi-day period.

Had 0.50-1,00" precip across the area on Saturday, with soils saturated from that. Then round one Sun night-Mon afternoon dropped 1-2" of rain, which cause widespread flooding (field, yard, some prone roads) and a rise in area creeks/rivers some some in flood now. This second main round coming in from now through tomorrow morning will easily drop another 2-4" across the area, with locally higher amounts possible if things pan out correctly. Then there's a third round on Thursday, though that is still up in the air rainfall amount wise.

34 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

LOT dropping the ball with headlines once again...In this case flood headlines. Should have been under a flood watch for this multi-day period.

Had 0.50-1,00" precip across the area on Saturday, with soils saturated from that. Then round one Sun night-Mon afternoon dropped 1-2" of rain, which cause widespread flooding (field, yard, some prone roads) and a rise in area creeks/rivers some some in flood now. This second main round coming in from now through tomorrow morning will easily drop another 2-4" across the area, with locally higher amounts possible if things pan out correctly. Then there's a third round on Thursday, though that is still up in the air rainfall amount wise.

Yep, DVN and ILX have had theirs up since yesterday.