• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 Discussion

Hoosier

A classic cloud-filtered sunshine day, with temps under-performing but not as much as Sat. The breeze was up and it wasn't bright out. What was suppose to be an incredible weekend to kick off true spring turned out to be a dud. Now both Monday and Tuesday have been trashed - a fitting winter getaway could only end when April ends.

Absolute winner of a day today. Wednesday's chill and snow is going to suck, but it'll be more bearable since the snow and cold won't have been unrelenting well into the back half of April like last year. In 2018 I don't think we even had a decent stretch of 50+ degree days until the last 10 days of April, and then we pretty much flipped right to summer.

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

12z Euro - Sunday storm

The 00z run had Cedar Rapids in the middle of the band, so it has shifted back southeast somewhat.

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019041012_111_5660_323.thumb.png.121f79c37e7c0d9fb35a4791c82b5d80.png

Looks like it could be a decent snowmaker for somebody, especially by mid April standards.

I think in a way, the current system is going to help the cause with this one.  A reservoir of sub 0C 850 mb temps will be left behind, so there will be less work to do from a dynamic cooling perspective.  Really it's just the lowest levels that will have to cool, and it looks like that will happen.

Snowed here from 10pm to 2am but didnt stick. Had another snow burst this morning. North of Detroit a narrow band of 1-2" accumulated. This makes 77 days since Oct 20 that it had snowed. Nobody does nuisance snow or mood flakes like the Great Lakes lol. Ironically, more days saw flakes this season (77 days, 31.9") than last season (73 days, 62.5").

Maybe a bit early to be talking amounts but I think it's looking good for band of several inches in the heaviest band.  The question is whether the several is 3-5" or more like 6+.    

Raw 2m temps on multiple models are showing temps of 32-34 even during primetime warming on Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Maybe a bit early to be talking amounts but I think it's looking good for band of several inches in the heaviest band.  The question is whether the several is 3-5" or more like 6+.    

Raw 2m temps on multiple models are showing temps of 32-34 even during primetime warming on Sunday afternoon.

Well we still have 72 hours or so to see if these thermals hold, and where exactly that defo band looks to setup. 12Z Euro, fairly similar to its 00z counterpart from my quick glance. 

12zeurom.png

12eurosn.png

• Like 1