• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Early April Winter Storm Discussion(LOL)

Ji

doesn't look like there's enough cold air around to "create its own cold air".  that would be my concern with this coming to fruition.  the track looks fine.  the northern stream is not fine, and hasn't almost the entire year as can be seen by the fact that almost every storm we had was either a rainer or a mix.

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Ukmet is pretty strong ..just bump it west 

Screenshot_20190328-125802_Chrome_crop_530x812.jpg

we'll probably need a perfect track (further west, diggier NS, and rates), but coastals are still intriguing in early april.  cherry blossoms are expected to be at peak around that time, too, so that would make for another story.

21 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Wonder how many accumulating snow events occurred at ATL after April 1st.  Gonna guess not many?

I actually cannot find any for them in April, but I could be wrong. The latest accumulating event I can find for ATL is 7.9" on 3/24/1983, which was actually their 2nd biggest snowstorm of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

There have been worse looks (purely snow wise) that I’ve been interested in.

c772a328535450b18e5aa735598029bd.jpg

9bcf321cfd3be569974b5540a6250720.jpg

I'll take what's left of center on #23. The gang of three all has a storm. There is a HP somewhere north of us ; the h5 looks doable, and the EURO seems to be generating it's own cold air. Stranger things have happened,  just not recently.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

So I saw this and was like hmmm...

238DB435-683C-4EE1-BBE8-EB8356A68BE1.thumb.png.9a8c84ac91cc9f89550121cc3e3c4cc0.png

then was disappointed to see it was all from one member...but oh what a member it was 

64451F1B-0B92-4CE4-87C2-381E35DD3C53.thumb.jpeg.cb214bc1695e7cf95d4c66246f7c831f.jpeg

I mean nothing like a 40” April snowstorm for the western burbs  

Well, we should never turn away a little ground water to help the water table.......:rolleyes:

Interesting progression on the ICON. The surface low hits a wall off the Virginia capes and then exits east. Given seasonal trend and the last coastal this might end up going a bit further west and North. Just hoping to get some wet flakes but places with elevation could score

10 hours ago, peribonca said:

Interesting progression on the ICON. The surface low hits a wall off the Virginia capes and then exits east. Given seasonal trend and the last coastal this might end up going a bit further west and North. Just hoping to get some wet flakes but places with elevation could score

Gross. Wet flakes in April? Hard pass. 

Big three are trying to inch the coastal toward mid Atlantic region but it's a tough fight.  I for one would like to see a heavy rain storm from a nor'easter with temps in mid to upper 30's with dynamic  cooling lowering temps to 30 and the LP becomes cut off. And then I can use the toy one more time! Think it might help if this cool front stalls off the coast.