Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2019 New England Banter and Disco

HoarfrostHubb

July 6-7, 1965

I doubt we see July airmasses like this ever again.

CON,1965-07-06 12:00,KCON 061200Z 31018KT 15SM SCT/// 16/09 A//// RMK SLP163 T01610089
CON,1965-07-06 15:00,KCON 061500Z 33015KT 15SM CLR 19/07 A//// RMK SLP180 T01940067
CON,1965-07-06 18:00,KCON 061800Z 36013KT 15SM CLR 21/02 A//// RMK SLP188 T02060022
CON,1965-07-06 21:00,KCON 062100Z 31008KT 15SM CLR 21/02 A//// RMK SLP191 T02110022
CON,1965-07-07 00:00,KCON 070000Z 33007KT 15SM FEW/// 18/02 A//// RMK SLP212 T01830017
CON,1965-07-07 03:00,KCON 070300Z 31005KT 15SM CLR 09/04 A//// RMK SLP227 T00940039
CON,1965-07-07 06:00,KCON 070600Z 01003KT 15SM CLR 05/03 A//// RMK SLP238 T00500028
CON,1965-07-07 09:00,KCON 070900Z 07004KT 15SM FEW/// SCT/// 03/02 A//// RMK SLP244 T00330022

Wow...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/us/new-hampshire-accident-motorcyclists-pickup-truck/index.html

... Have to get more on the details to render any judgement buuuut... this strikes me as a Darwin award. 

I've seen highway cycling antics up there enough to wonder if there's local stunt culture in NH.  And one that on this day and time, got in the way of common sense on this one.  I've been driving N. on 93 and 3 ...more than a couple of times, when suddenly the whir of high compression crouch rockets shames my velocity on both side of my vehicle from behind.  A few of which are even doing wheelies ... this at 70 mph.  They're aren't all wearing helmets, too.  

I don't know - we'll see.  But wouldn't shock me if this was a time when one of these transient made popularity gangs tried to pass the wrong vehicle.

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wow...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/us/new-hampshire-accident-motorcyclists-pickup-truck/index.html

... Have to get more on the details to render any judgement buuuut... this strikes me as a Darwin award. 

I've seen highway cycling antics up there enough to wonder if there's local stunt culture in NH.  And one that on this day and time, got in the way of common sense on this one.  I've been driving N. on 93 and 3 ...more than a couple of times, when suddenly the whir of high compression crouch rockets shames my velocity on both side of my vehicle from behind.  A few of which are even doing wheelies ... this at 70 mph.  They're aren't all wearing helmets, too.  

I don't know - we'll see.  But wouldn't shock me if this was a time when one of these transient made popularity gangs tried to pass the wrong vehicle.

190622075621-01-nh-motorcycle-crash-0621-exlarge-169.jpg

34 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wow...

21 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

190622075621-01-nh-motorcycle-crash-0621-exlarge-169.jpg

7 Marines killed. 

D5BF90DF-B2F7-4E42-91B8-E9A15F74BFE0.jpeg

6 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wow...

Or not.  1st reports say the pickup and bikes were driving in opposite directions.  People routinely travel 70+ on that road, whether 2, 4 or more wheels.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

@dryslot What's the deal with the "Lewiston Lobster roll?"   I saw a hotdog roll with an actual hotdog in it, topped with lobster meat. 

Not sure, If i had to guess where it is its probably at Simones Hot Dogs, Nothing i would eat, That takes up to much space in the roll.

Just now, dryslot said:

Not sure, If i had to guess where it is its probably at Simones Hot Dogs, Nothing i would eat, That takes up to much space in the roll.

It might not even have anything to do with Lewiston. Just heard the name. And yeah, why on Earth would you do that?

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It might not even have anything to do with Lewiston. Just heard the name. And yeah, why on Earth would you do that?

Maybe eat a dog on the side, But i'm not wasting that roll with anything other then stuffed with lobster meat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Jesus H. It's 30-40 bucks here for that. 

Most places is $25-30/lb here, But that's why i hit these guys up, And the girl that i know there makes sure i get a little extra once she already runs the tag off the scale............:guitar:

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

More tender than the tail, so I save it for last.

And though I like hot dogs, I'd consider them pollution to join lobster in the roll.

Yeah, Tail meat is much tougher, No way that is happening, I mean WTF is that? Some of the prices you pay for a lobster roll at some of these places i want as much lobster meat in there as possible, I pick and choose where i go for one if i'm out but i usually just make my own.

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The picture I saw (from amarshall) had the nastiest looking lobster meat I’ve ever seen. All dried out looking. 

Hard pass

we should also close down this thread since we are into summer

This is one i had from Reds Eats in Wiscasset, There is a roll under that pile of meat, But you want to be prepared to wait 45-90 mins in line for one at times, Its just a hole in the wall shack but they do $5 million in business annually out of that location, And that's just May-Oct.

Lobster1.JPG

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This is one i had from Reds Eats in Wiscasset, There is a roll under that pile of meat, But you want to be prepared to wait 45-90 mins in line for one at times, Its just a hole in the wall shack but they do $5 million in business annually out of that location, And that's just May-Oct.

Lobster1.JPG

They drive me crazy with traffic when I go to my office in Damariscotta. 

42 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Lobster1.JPG

I went there in 2015. It was incredible. 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Lobster1.JPG

I've read that each of their rolls has meat the equivalent of an entire lobster, and w/o non-essentials like mayo and veggies, just some melted butter.  Never had one there, however.  We get very good ones at Mosher's Seafood in Farmington, 7 miles from the house and no lines.

Rte 1 sucks in the summer

In the past when I'd drive Rt 27 to Wiscasset in summer, the quickest (but by no means quick) method to make a left turn often was to go right, travel past the end of the eastbound line on Rt 1 - often to Wiscasset Ford 1.5 miles west - and make a U-turn in the parking lot.

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

I've read that each of their rolls has meat the equivalent of an entire lobster, and w/o non-essentials like mayo and veggies, just some melted butter.  Never had one there, however.  We get very good ones at Mosher's Seafood in Farmington, 7 miles from the house and no lines.

There is a good 1lb on there, Clear meat, Your choice of butter or Mayo on it.

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

:o

Loved Red’s

Byob / Wine and your own paper towels! Wish I had known the lay out before but hands down one of the best lobster rolls forget what it cost so couldn’t have been too outrageous ($68 at the encore lol) I had mine with mayo.

5 minutes ago, geo1 said:

Loved Red’s

Byob / Wine and your own paper towels! Wish I had known the lay out before but hands down one of the best lobster rolls forget what it cost so couldn’t have been too outrageous ($68 at the encore lol) I had mine with mayo.

$23, I was doing a little math while i was standing in line one day....$$$$

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

$23, I was doing a little math while i was standing in line one day....$$$$

We were on a family vacation a bit further north and went to Young’s lobster pound very good as well!  So many great places to have that favorite summer time roll. I love making my own also but the scenery in north Wilmington lacks lol.

• Haha 1