Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2019 New England Banter and Disco

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Kennebec still in the parking lots in Augusta, St. John a bit above flood in Fort Kent, probably isolating a few places east of where the Fish River enters.

Andorscoggin is receding, Really never got that high above flood stage other then minor.

So the guy who installed water softener and carbon filter came back out after water pressure dropped significantly after installation of system. Swapped the carbon filter for a sediment filter and so far... cold water doesn’t smell and pressure is about normal... good news on that front.

He also shocked the hot water tank with chlorine to possibl help rid of sulfur/egg smell. I’m guessing there was a ton of bacteria or build up in the tank because he had to put 2 gallons of chlorine in before it even registered in the House hot water. Smell is already back... not as potent.. but back. My guess is I’m replacing the water heater... not going to throw money at possible fixes that may not even work.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 5:16 PM, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was sorta shocked when they first built them.  They were only around for ten years or so

.It’s amazing what they’ll let some people get away with. 50plus years there and no problems with wild life in the bay, then it became an issue , so spend 600M to put up cooling towers. Then do away with coal fired power plants, shut it down and bull doze the whole thing. What do they care it’s not their $.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, radarman said:

2 scarlet tanagers in the yard.  Brilliantly colored!

Love them. The only ones I may love more are indigo buntings.

Lots of activity this morning...orioles, rose breasted grosbeaks, hummers, catbirds, finches, etc. The only elusive feeder bird for me has been bluebirds.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Love them. The only ones I may love more are indigo buntings.

Lots of activity this morning...orioles, rose breasted grosbeaks, hummers, catbirds, finches, etc. The only elusive feeder bird for me has been bluebirds.

We have seen a few bluebirds this year.  Lots of cardinals, phoebes, wrens, robins, goldfinches, red bellied and pileated woodpeckers, and our ruby throated hummingbird friend that always appears shortly before the late blooming red azalea pops.  The tanagers were a first that I can recall.