Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2019 New England Banter and Disco

HoarfrostHubb

On 3/29/2019 at 10:28 AM, CoastalWx said:

12z NAM looks a little better, but you know how these go. This may pull one of those wrap around 495 deals and leave someone like Ray last to warm up. We shall see. I've been pessimistic before only to be wrong. 

Managed two peeks of the sun this morning--hopefully the clouds will dissipate.

2 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Look at the bare spots on the mountain. The ski conditions must have been awful.

Yup.  Treetop skiing has been terrible for weeks.

Today marks the record for most consecutive days with 1" of snow on the ground at Caribou. Pretty impressive.

Today marks 156 consecutive here, 14 more than any previous winter.  Of course, my records are 60 years shorter than at CAR.  After yesterday's 4" drop in depth, only 1-2" today despite temps only a few degrees cooler.  The core yesterday showed 8.88" from a 19" pack (where sampled - stake had 20".)   That's well over 40% water, so today's loss was all melting, no settling.

17 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Long Pond (Belgrade) ice was taking a beating yesterday from the wind - beaucoup whitecaps.  Still about 75% covered this AM but some ice is darkening.  Weekend RA should finish the destruction.  (And probably my snowpack)

Drove by South end (Standish) Sebago yesterday afternoon. You wanna talk about white caps!

On 3/26/2019 at 6:51 PM, alex said:

Absolutely. The differences around here are amazing and not necessarily elevation driven. The area on Rt 3 just north of Franconia Notch always has significantly less snow than just north or south. I think it downslopes from every direction lol. 

Stake still at 33" here. Probably the deepest, most consistent and most prolonged snowpacks since moving here. My lower level window is still buried!

A0C96EA7-1143-4AE7-AB03-65E76021D58B.jpeg

Just checked your cam again. Lol, what happened to all the snow?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Just checked your cam again. Lol, what happened to all the snow?

Down the Ammo. :) That area is windswept and in full sun, it clears out fast (and sometimes doesn't accumulate snow if it's windy). A camera pointing in a different direction would show this. Which will ALSO be gone by the weekend!

23FFFD1C-003E-40A8-99A1-B47B40910D5F.jpeg