• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2019 New England Banter and Disco

HoarfrostHubb

I was wondering where the hell all my bird seed was going...it's been crazy active wth the birds but I didn't think it was enough to explain how fast the seed was going down....just caught the culprit. 

Time to get the shotgun:

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2738.JPG

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was wondering where the hell all my bird seed was going...it's been crazy active wth the birds but I didn't think it was enough to explain how fast the seed was going down....just caught the culprit. 

Time to get the shotgun:

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2738.JPG

Oh yeah dude... Deer?  heh... they snort bird seed like 'coke -

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The squirrels are killing me. I have a squirrel Proof feeder but the SOBs are performing trapeze acts to get it. It worked last year. I’ll have to get those polls and hang it from there.

I'll take a pic of my setup tomorrow. I have no squirrel proof feeders, but haven't seen a squirrel on one since I put a certain type of baffle up a few years ago.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ll need those polls like you have there, Will.

Yeah they work well as long as you have a baffle underneath there. Also make sure they are far enough away from branches and other launching points. Those SOBs were actually launching from a tree trunk when I first put them up so I had to move them further away. 

The green feeder that the deer was eating out of is awesome. Don't even need a baffle for it...since it closes when too much weight is put on the perch. Of course, the deer doesn't need to step on the perch like a squirrel does so it manages to scarf a bunch of my seed, lol. 

Pretty cold March on the whole for the country and New England relative to normal.

I wasn't paying attention I guess as I didn't realize how sustained the chill was here this month.  Since the normals are rising and mean temperatures are going up, below normal is probably harder to "feel."

-5.1 at 1V4

-4.5F locally at MVL

-4.2F at MPV

-1.5 at BTV

*One of these is not like the others.

Widespread chill.

atlh8kF.png

-20.2 departure for March at BZN Bozeman, MT.  Holy crap.

mfl8PYu.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Man the 80s sucked for winters, but boy did we have some late season beasts. 

I grew up in upstate NY ...literally on the south side of the pike just over the border from Mass.  Close enough to throw rocks from my brothers bedroom window on to I-90.  Of course we didnt though.  Anyway. I dont remember the 80s being that bad there.

38 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Lol.  Still a sophomore in HS at that point.  Hadn’t touched a beer yet...still haven’t had any of the now legal products.   I did buy gas across the street from a local store tonight though.  Business is hopping 

Lol you were too busy chasing skirts not snowstorms 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Pretty cold March on the whole for the country and New England relative to normal.

I wasn't paying attention I guess as I didn't realize how sustained the chill was here this month.  Since the normals are rising and mean temperatures are going up, below normal is probably harder to "feel."

-5.1 at 1V4

-4.5F locally at MVL

-4.2F at MPV

-1.5 at BTV

*One of these is not like the others.

Widespread chill.

-20.2 departure for March at BZN Bozeman, MT.  Holy crap.

mfl8PYu.png

Coldest Feb March combo ever. Since 1894

Minimum 56-Day Mean Avg Temperature 
for BOZEMAN MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY, MT
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Rank
Value
Ending Date
Missing Days
1 16.8 2019-03-28 0
2 18.6 1922-03-28 0
3 19.1 1913-03-

14 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

we had a few days in the 80's.  In March...LOL.    

March 2012 had the record-crushing warmth, but overall both March and April were milder here in 2010 than in 2012.  The highs/lows for March in those years can illustrate.  March 2012 range was 80/-10, a 90° span that's the greatest I've recoded anywhere for any month.  (2nd is 87° in Fort Kent:  40/-47 in Jan 1979.)  March 2010 got only to 64, but the low was a mere 11, the only time in 21 years that March failed to record a subzero minimum - not even sub 10.  Every day Feb 8 thru March 25 was AN, a 46-day run that's nearly twice the next longest such streak.

11 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

16 to 20 Northeast Ct

Whiffed at my place in Fort Kent.  Of course, that was only 2 weeks after the biggest snowfall I've ever measured and we still had nearly 4 feet on the ground, down from the 65" peak.

Currently 4.4° BN for the month.  Having winter's coldest morning (-20 on 3/8) helped.

• Like 1