Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2019 New England Banter and Disco

HoarfrostHubb

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I am surprised how many rip and read forecasts are going out tomorrow, esp near and north of pike. It looks pretty cool overall. I expect many angry posts from the public and rightfully so. SO what if it warms up after 4pm. Day is over.

those of us with outdoor plans tomorrow are already disappointed

2 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

those of us with outdoor plans tomorrow are already disappointed

12z NAM looks a little better, but you know how these go. This may pull one of those wrap around 495 deals and leave someone like Ray last to warm up. We shall see. I've been pessimistic before only to be wrong. 

23 hours ago, dryslot said:

Stop the wipers half way up the windshield and place some plastic on the windshield so the wipers hold it in place and you wont have frost, You have to get creative........;)

image.png.0e5370195f59698b3482a3a39b93de08.png

Dryslot.  Lets get creative, make $ and go on sharktank.   One of those weighted blankets with a waterproof plastic wrap made the size of car windows.  Place it on each night during frost season and save hours of scraping each winter.  We can make millions.

• Like 1

I want to design something to use for storm chasing to protect against hail. I don't care about the body getting dented, but obviously a shattered or broken windshield is problematic (though I do have full windshield coverage in my insurance). I could always get a big enough pop-up tent and then set it up around the car, but it would have to be tied to the ground pretty damn good so it doesn't blow over and away.

14 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Depressingly cold right now up here.  Temp fell 2F in past hour to 36F with light rain.  Those 50's and 60's advertised earlier this week will not happen up here it seems.

Just peeked at radar and looks like the hint of maybe a little mesolow cutting through the CON area? Well into the 40s in S NH, but mid 30s up here.

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I am surprised how many rip and read forecasts are going out tomorrow, esp near and north of pike. It looks pretty cool overall. I expect many angry posts from the public and rightfully so. SO what if it warms up after 4pm. Day is over.

Noyes in house model has 67 at Logan and had 60+ to NH border 

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Dryslot.  Lets get creative, make $ and go on sharktank.   One of those weighted blankets with a waterproof plastic wrap made the size of car windows.  Place it on each night during frost season and save hours of scraping each winter.  We can make millions.

You mean like this?

https://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.V35693.html?colorId=HW1&sizeId=I94&ref=GBA&cm_mmc=GOOGLESHOPPINGFEED-_-GShopping|M|Generic|home+improvement-_-pla-_-sz5qwMW2s|dc_44906292187_pla-339519687831__V35693-HW1-I94_&mkwid=sz5qwMW2s|dc_pcrid_44906292187_339519687831_pkw__pmt__productid_V35693-HW1-I94&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhPfkBRD0ARIsAAcYycHhN0gSk5n_YMwGRocViTYOZvRQhcq_wjt8PoTHLkvmfbgbvs4pXx8aAosREALw_wcB 

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Depressingly cold right now up here.  Temp fell 2F in past hour to 36F with light rain.  Those 50's and 60's advertised earlier this week will not happen up here it seems.

Not atypical for NNE in early spring - it's where warm fronts go to die.  Takes serious oomph to get real warmth here before mid-April (or later.)  Not every year is like 2010 or 2012. 

14 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Not atypical for NNE in early spring - it's where warm fronts go to die.  Takes serious oomph to get real warmth here before mid-April (or later.)  Not every year is like 2010 or 2012. 

Why can't they tweak the models?  Seems like they are always too warm in situations like this.    38F at 1245pm.  No way am I hitting 51F today

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

Why can't they tweak the models?  Seems like they are always too warm in situations like this.    38F at 1245pm.  No way am I hitting 51F today

These mesoscale (sometimes even microscale) things must be a tough read.  Nine years go I watched an early April wind shift (as the SW flow overcame the sea breeze) on the Fore River, and it kicked the PWM temp from 59 to 84 in 15 minutes.  Be a long time before folks can forecast that kind of event, especially the timing.

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

12z NAM looks a little better, but you know how these go. This may pull one of those wrap around 495 deals and leave someone like Ray last to warm up. We shall see. I've been pessimistic before only to be wrong. 

we warned everyone days ago ...  

still, tomorrow could end up better than modeled ... sometimes SW warm sectored air can surprisingly clear out

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Not sure a win but when giving a high temp for the day don't you give the highest temp of the day?  Shouldn't matter if it's at 12pm or 5pm, right?  

Yeah that’s great for the F6 data, but not when it’s communicated piss poorly to the public.

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that’s great for the F6 data, but not when it’s communicated piss poorly to the public.

Yeah I was just curious how you'd do that when listing high temps.  I'm sure there's the ol' temps every 1-3 hours throughout the day graphic too?  

3 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

We're making a late run. 45F there and 43F here. Models just struggle with CAD.

4 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Warmed up quite nicely this PM.  From 38F at 1245pm to 47F at 545pm.  Models were not off too far after all for me.  Late PM sunshine helped

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I was just curious how you'd do that when listing high temps.  I'm sure there's the ol' temps every 1-3 hours throughout the day graphic too?  

It’s just that when you say sunny and warm with highs pushing into the 60s, people expect that. I sound like Kevin right now, but that’s what I have to communicate, how the weather changes. When people go to sporting events in the morning and it’s 41 and cloudy, they’ll Start with the ole “they said it would be sunny and warm today.” When it doesn’t warm up until 4pm that’s when the “I wish I could be wrong at my job” comments start. In fairness maybe they said that on tonight’s broadcast, but I didn’t catch anything about tomorrow’s weather north of the pike, this morning.  We shall see. Maybe this warm front blasts north, but I have doubts. 

• Thanks 1