Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2019 Complaint/Banter Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

1 hour ago, geddyweather said:

Went from solid 80s this weekend to 50 and slop for two days. Can we maybe...MAYBE lock in a seasonal pattern at the end of this week? PLEASE? 

Yeah it's been annoying.  Like you said, there'll be a nice day or two but it hasn't been able to sustain.  I'd even settle for 60s but there have been some days that have struggled to 50 or not even gotten there.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, geddyweather said:

Went from solid 80s this weekend to 50 and slop for two days. Can we maybe...MAYBE lock in a seasonal pattern at the end of this week? PLEASE? 

Temperature dropped from 84 to 52 like it saw a state trooper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Cheyenne, WY just saw 9.9" of snow over the past 3 days (May 19-21), with a snow depth of 8" this morning. 

I know they're at 6,000 ft elevation...but that is just shocking to me. 

The high temp on 5/21 was only 34; normal high is 67.  Average annual snowfall is 60", but they've had 82" this season.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:06 PM, Hoosier said:

Yeah it's been annoying.  Like you said, there'll be a nice day or two but it hasn't been able to sustain.  I'd even settle for 60s but there have been some days that have struggled to 50 or not even gotten there.

I'm not sure how your climo compares, but despite averages being in the 60s all month for highs, it doesn't often settle around average (which would be ideal).  The most May days that had highs in the 60s over the last five was 10 days that we had in 2014.  It is just normal sadly for it to be up and down instead of having periods where we stay seasonal for several days in a row.

56 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

NegativeEPO can bitch and moan all he/she wants, but I'll take 75° and sunny (like today was after the QLCS) any day of the year (except Christmas).

I heard someone else say they would take 65゚ every day of the year. I would hate the same thing any kind all year long lol. Different strokes for different folks, but I'm sure you'd miss the changeable weather if it really was 75° and Sunny every day haha.

9 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

I heard someone else say they would take 65゚ every day of the year. I would hate the same thing any kind all year long lol. Different strokes for different folks, but I'm sure you'd miss the changeable weather if it really was 75° and Sunny every day haha.

Yeah, I'm being facetious. I would not be able to tolerate San Diego weather. Unlike you though, I like spring weather and a few 75° days after winter is really enjoyable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

Now that we've had back to back tornadoes all over for days NegativeEPO has disappeared, until probably the next big  front where he'll complain about it being boring 

At least he doesn't have to water his palm trees.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, wisconsinwx said:

Anyone else think 2003 is a good analog so far for this warm season?  That seems to be the epitome of a slow start to summer around here among the last 20 years anyways.

All I remember about that summer is the epic wet July.  Don't really need that again.

9 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

All I remember about that summer is the epic wet July.  Don't really need that again.

Yeah but it wouldn’t surprise me to see the wet anomalies expand north toward your area from what looks to be the southern and central Plains/Mississippi Valley for the first half of June anyways.

1 hour ago, NegativeEPO said:

I swear, lake breezes/pneumonia fronts are stronger now than they were years back. Temps dropping into the 50s in June because of a silly lake breeze front? What's next, lake-effect snow in July? smh.

holy hyperbole, batman

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, wisconsinwx said:

Anyone else think 2003 is a good analog so far for this warm season?  That seems to be the epitome of a slow start to summer around here among the last 20 years anyways.

That year we actually had some decent tornado events (not including Iowa troll days) in this part of the country by the end of May. Particularly the 10th and 30th.