Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2019 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

2 hours ago, stu said:

I'm just looking for 48 hours without moisture.  I sanded my large deck about two weeks ago and need to stain it.  My stain requires 24 hours without moisture after applying it.  We haven't had a forecast now, going back two weeks and continuing into this whole week where there were two dry days in a row forecast.  I'm going to have to powerwash the thing again, which means I need three dry days to finish.  One for wood to dry.  One to stain.  One for stain to dry completely.  Now I know why everyone springs for composite decking!

yep-I went Azak a few years ago-cost is high, but only work is a quick wash every spring...

I have terrible windows however the heat is set to 68 and it runs everyday. The high minimums may be scuing the monthly departures on the warm end however it’s damn cold. Sweatshirts on everyday. And my phone is silent for AC calls, the usuals are calling but they just want on the schedule.

I'm still waiting to stain my deck.  This is ludicrous.  Going on three and one half weeks without two full dry days in the forecast and none in actuality.  This is crazy!

image.png.68c71c6b23a959a0ed76060253b2802a.png

On 5/5 over an inch

On 5/6 was dry, but it rained right up until midnite on the 5th, so deck didn't dry.

Today it is certainly dry enough to stain, but the rain is a coming as usual.

This Afternoon
A chance of thunderstorms after 5pm. Partly sunny, with a steady temperature around 72. Southwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tonight
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 65. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. East wind 3 to 5 mph.
Thursday
A 30 percent chance of light rain, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. East wind 7 to 9 mph.
Thursday Night
A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54.
Friday
Rain likely, mainly before 10am, then a chance of showers after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 67.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
Sunday
A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.
Sunday Night
A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51.
Monday
A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.

So right now, we are looking at 4/19 to 5/19 without two dry days in a row.  This is ludicrous.  I wonder if anyone keeps track of this stuff.

18 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

It's pouring again, lovely. 

I was coming up out of the F lines Bergen Street station, the rain was coming down and I saw a fellow who looked to be up in my age range. He was holding a bottle of, possibly wine. He and the bottle had seen better days, weeks, months and years. Not that i look that much better, mind you. What impressed me was his hands. They were working hands. No softness and they had a look of grip strength to them. He wasn’t asking for anything and looking at his old style backpack leaning against the wall he had everything he owned with him. He stood there with his bottle, bothering no one, looking soulfully at the rain. I thought of him when I heard the Apple wine song. There but for the grace of God go we. As always ...

On 5/7/2019 at 2:48 PM, stu said:

I'm still waiting to stain my deck.  This is ludicrous.  Going on three and one half weeks without two full dry days in the forecast and none in actuality.  This is crazy!

image.png.68c71c6b23a959a0ed76060253b2802a.png

On 5/5 over an inch

On 5/6 was dry, but it rained right up until midnite on the 5th, so deck didn't dry.

Today it is certainly dry enough to stain, but the rain is a coming as usual.

This Afternoon
A chance of thunderstorms after 5pm. Partly sunny, with a steady temperature around 72. Southwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tonight
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 65. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. East wind 3 to 5 mph.
Thursday
A 30 percent chance of light rain, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. East wind 7 to 9 mph.
Thursday Night
A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54.
Friday
Rain likely, mainly before 10am, then a chance of showers after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 67.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
Sunday
A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.
Sunday Night
A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51.
Monday
A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.

So right now, we are looking at 4/19 to 5/19 without two dry days in a row.  This is ludicrous.  I wonder if anyone keeps track of this stuff.

this is what I wrote in the other thread

Today's weather is what I want it to be like EVERY DAY (outside of winter).  Finally I can breathe and no more mold allergies!  Low humidity, clear skies and NO RAIN!  When we finally get weather control I hope whomever controls it makes it like this EVERY DAY!  And banishes -NAO/-AO patterns from warm season weather forever!

My garden loves it too- if it needs water, I have a hose (or two) for that!  If it never rains again until next fall I wont miss it one bit, this is PERFECT WEATHER!

20 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I churned up a mighty dust storm while mowing today. It's amazing how piss-poor my yard is at moisture retention.

Lee Goldberg was mentioning today the idea of a summer drought is a heightened possibility this year.  But he also said with the current pattern, there is also a heightened possibility of any drought ending with a tropical cyclone near the northeast coast lol.

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Lee Goldberg was mentioning today the idea of a summer drought is a heightened possibility this year.  But he also said with the current pattern, there is also a heightened possibility of any drought ending with a tropical cyclone near the northeast coast lol.

Yeah, I sort of raised an eyebrow when I heard him talking about that. Slipping into D0 or D1 "drought" by August and September is pretty routine if that's what he's going for.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, I sort of raised an eyebrow when I heard him talking about that. Slipping into D0 or D1 "drought" by August and September is pretty routine if that's what he's going for.

A couple coworkers need to get out and do some stream monitoring but the stream flows are too high.  They asked me when I thought would be a good time to get this done and after pointing out that streams are far from my wheelhouse I replied August. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

:weenie:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, forkyfork said:

i hope june through october is a furnace and next winter is snowless

Not too hot but yeah, warm and dry for a few weeks at a time would be nice. Snowless? No we need the water so spring through fall can be dry but none of that heavy wet stuff and no more ice storms. Those 5 weeks of sleet and ice this past winter sucked.