Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

Dare I say the worst of April chill is over?  Then again I’m heading to ORD Thursday night where many areas received 6+ yesterday.   Should be gone by my arrival.

If the NAM is right Thursday could be a pretty bleh day,  but besides that things are looking pretty good.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You couldn’t be more wrong . But have at it 

Ha yeah not you for sure.  You don't need to hide your posting style, lol.

Definitely leaning towards a long-time fan of yours has a troll account, maybe a mid-Atlantic poster.  I mean its certainly not a random person. 

It's like someone who has an archive of all your favorite sayings for the past decade and busts out a few phrases of it every day.  Already saw "mild down" posted today.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I know who it is, but let's talk weather.

Ha, dropping that in there but won't tell anyone.

But on to weather... looks like a pretty favorable period of upslope snows later tonight in NNE.

Favorable moisture and flow but the Froude numbers are high, so it'll be blown quite a bit down wind of the crest.  Those Froude greater than 1 with decent hourly QPF should bring some accums to the mountains.

YYPW6N6.jpg

HRRR shows the radar has that unblocked flow with snow pushing well downwind into the NEK, just like the Froude data would suggest.

gxGDeY4.png

UcZmAAS.png

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, dropping that in there but won't tell anyone.

But on to weather... looks like a pretty favorable period of upslope snows later tonight in NNE.

Favorable moisture and flow but the Froude numbers are high, so it'll be blown quite a bit down wind of the crest.  Those Froude greater than 1 with decent hourly QPF should bring some accums to the mountains.

YYPW6N6.jpg

HRRR shows the radar has that unblocked flow with snow pushing well downwind into the NEK, just like the Froude data would suggest.

gxGDeY4.png

UcZmAAS.png

Nice little crush job on the spine