Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

My room faces South with nearly no insulation. This room bakes all Summer. In August the A/C barely keeps the temperature below 75 during the day. This house is a garage under house type layout and the basement is 66F year round. I go there in the Summer, it's furnished.

Lol. Summer basement dweller. That sucks.  South facing room with zero shade blows.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Well HFD is more south. I think the deeper you went into the interior the more you got away from any slight marine taint.

While I’m no where near the shore, I’m about 15-20 miles southwest of Hartford, and if there is no Real strong south sea breeze(which there was nothing close today) in CT, once you get about 15-20 miles away from the S. shore, then it gets nice and warm.  77 here today...just gorgeous!  

Still didn't beat last years mid February 82 degree day(which was two months ago..mid winter) lol!! Then 24 hours later it snowed a bit..and two days later we had 4-5 plus inches of snow.

10 hours ago, dendrite said:

Well HFD is more south. I think the deeper you went into the interior the more you got away from any slight marine taint.

Yup went to mystic  aquarium  yesterday  definitely  wasn't  warm.. started getting better just south of hartford by the time I was home it was balmy!

15 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Amazing how fast things will have to shut. Do you think this will be the quickest shut down in resort history from deep winter to un skiable in like a week or two?

Oh look, the non skier giving his opinion that nobody wants. Lol quickest shutdown in resort history. Get a clue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Oh look, the non skier giving his opinion that nobody wants. Lol quickest shutdown in resort history. Get a clue.

Pretty sure he was joking as he is most of the time, haha.  Can't take it so seriously.

Goes for both him and his second account buddy Dr Dews.  The "we" brothers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

And that’s mostly man made, that will take forever to melt. They basically build a glacier 

I know that, but this year saw more snowmaking on Superstar than at any point in about 20 years. That's late 90's style snowmaking. The trail also has the World Cup ice base.

Picture from March 6th, the last day of snowmaking:

Superstar.png

• Like 1