Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dendrite said the VPN is from Ne Mass. How could LL pull that off unless someone else set up the account for him?

It's not hard to trick an IP address.

The posting style is so close to shucking oysters and this is an account that knows what all the acronyms mean and somehow an account started this spring knows how the board mentality operates all year round.  

Its hilarious because it's obviously a long time member but won't give any hints as to who exactly aside from posting styles.  

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No response?

It's very easy to trick locations.

https://www.top10.com/vpn/top-reads/geo-spoofing-how-to-fake-your-location-using-a-vpn

I know people who do this to say watch a Red Sox game online on ESPN when it's blacked out by NESN or something by making their location outside New England.  

If you wanted to come back on the forum it's easy to fake the location.  I just found a google search where you can choose a VPN in 40 US cities.  Not hard.

It just sucks that whoever it is cant just be who they are and post as themselves.  No idea why LL was banned in the first place but it wasn't Weather side posting.

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Hopefully we can cut them right through MI so we can frolic in sun and tulips. 

Fwiw - 

the PNA appears to have entered seasonal correlation break-down concomitant with warm season ...certainly modulating rapidly toward.  As per the GEF's derivatives.. The CDC output has been demonstrating classic stochastic night to night variations, lacking coherent pattern signal around spikes and nadirs that appear unrealistic when considering the ginormous spatial/mass domain of the PNA, which requires more inertia/time therein in order to do so.  

Only saying that because ... that break-down means that we may be on the verge of seeing less R-wave loading patterns into mid latitudes of N/A ... setting stage for actual escape of regimes that offer up deeper cyclones and organizes CAA over larger areas in general. 

Also, as the AO is rising neutral ... and the EPO ...although that index would tend to behave like the other smaller domain spaces in principle.. it also shares domain with the Arctic Oscillation...  The latter neutralizing while the EPO is statically positive ... that combination could offer "some" signature for a warming trend at some point despite the overall dimming correlations.  Warmth is hard to track in first place... You almost can't rely on teleconnector methodology for those loading patterns... I've come to recognize presaged set-ups that lead to 'Sonoran releases' ...  But those are really more like continuity within a multi-guidance-based pattern recognition stuff, and I don't think any tele's really correlate very well with those in the first place.   We have nothing like those now  ...In fact, the "climate" for SR ( ...often associate are EML expulsions ..) doesn't really kick in until May for one. But there's no such presage now.  

What we are seeing is Gulf charged warm sectors penetrating the eastern OV ...threatening swashing as far N as NE ...around a cutter pattern/SE height anomaly.  An overall circumstance that can still leave us chilly if southern and eastern Canadian confluence keeps sending BDs and forcing triple points.  

Sorry for using you as a straw-man :)  But... we have A, softening PNA ... B ... positive (EPO+AO)/2, which in quadrature may not be as valuable but I think this is a 'gestalt' that suggests warmth lurks ...may take 10 days or more, and also be harder to separate from seasonal breakdown - but the breaking down is at the door.

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's not hard to trick an IP address I think?

The posting style is so close to shucking oysters and this is an account that knows what all the acronyms mean and somehow an account started this spring knows how the board mentality operates all year round.  

Its hilarious because it's obviously a long time member but won't give any hints as to who exactly aside from posting styles.  

They both "sound" exactly alike.  Same posting styles... a lot of the same wording....I've lived in the Merrimack Valley Area my entire life and I've never heard anyone refer to Billerica as North Billerica. I'm actually in Billerica frequently for hs sporting events. I know a lot of people in Billerica and not a single one of them has ever mentioned North Billerica... 

11 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

They both "sound" exactly alike.  Same posting styles... a lot of the same wording....I've lived in the Merrimack Valley Area my entire life and I've never heard anyone refer to Billerica as North Billerica. I'm actually in Billerica frequently for hs sporting events. I know a lot of people in Billerica and not a single one of them has ever mentioned North Billerica... 

If it's him I'm glad he found a way back.  He was always a good natured fun poster.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

He wouldn't know, He can't even get a weather station online.

It’s laughable how easy it is to use a vpn that gives you a random IP location in any city state country you like. 

That being said any lurker that actually spends a few months here daily or every other day could have a legit account and understand the acronyms and board personalities it’s not rocket science powderfreak 

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s laughable how easy it is to use a vpn that gives you a random IP location in any city state country you like. 

That being said any lurker that actually spends a few months here daily or every other day could have a legit account and understand the acronyms and board personalities it’s not rocket science powderfreak 

It's not rocket science but you've been around these long enough to know who is new and who isn't.  No new member just rolls in like they've been posting for a decade, sorry.  But yes it's possible they lurked for a few years and then started posting 10-15 times a day out of the blue like they known the board dynamics for years.

It doesn't matter, I do hope Joe found a way to start posting again.  

22 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

He was banned partially for an unwritten rule . Being a warmista. LL would be fine to deal w Spring-fall then shut him down for a couple months like he’s Chris Sale 

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's not rocket science but you've been around these long enough to know who is new and who isn't.  No new member just rolls in like they've been posting for a decade, sorry.  But yes it's possible they lurked for a few years and then started posting 10-15 times a day out of the blue like they known the board dynamics for years.

Wasn't he part of the drama with SkiMRG and VimToot?  Or was that a different ordeal?

• Like 1

There is one other possibility, though... They may be seasoned pro's over at Accu Weather's sponsored forum(s) say... or the like, and since these vernaculars and ethos tend to influence one another's spheres, you may be just sensing a shared experience consistent with both.  Actually... why can't they be a 'lurker' for 12 years and just know from spectator proximity?

However, if it's the 'same poster' theory, operating under simultaneous guises that they only 'think' they are evading detection ... the purpose of doing so has gotta be for one of two reasons:

Either they need the reputation revamped ...and given to the inCREdible fairness of any domain space dealing with the general public, no one on the wrong side of the "cool" spectrum bell-curve is ever allowed to leave that region.  Reinvention -

Or, they wanna "fool" everyone into thinking they're ahead of the curve ... creating an illusion of someone gifted ...  Unfortunately, tho having to survive the travails naivete, and public humility/polishing is sort of a necessary coursework. That is not something one is automatically equipped with... it cannot be avoided if one is to become a seasoned pro of this particular flavor in social media - so ...probably only gets a cocked eye-brow instead of the adulation they seek....  

Either way ..it's all containable within some enigmatic for mof narcissism, if/when there is deception in play.

• Confused 1

It’s 110% not him . Trust us . But he is watching from 22,000 feet