Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Looks like you will have to skin to get full spring conditions come May

14F at the top of the FourRunner when I did the 6am report this morning with wind chills around 0F for hearty morning lift riders.  The mountain was one block of ice (4-10 feet thick) with an angry inch on top. 

I think there might have been 10 people skiing at Stowe today combined.  An excellent example of why places close with so much snow.  Definitely lost money today, a solid 10:1 employee guest ratio ha.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Eh, this time of year as long as we have sun, blue at 850-500 turn into oranges at the surface. What kills us is the raw NE flow. We can get just pure cold, but not sure that’s in the cards. It’s defintely not a jugs and mugs look though.

That was a surface map I posted and yes looks rainy wet east flow atuff

37 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Though it may put me under Scooter's troll bridge, I hope that any serious RA is cold.  Dry and mild with subfreezing nights are the way to send the snowpack downriver.  Add 5-10° to ideal sugaring wx and we avoid significant floods.

I’m obviously kidding. Just have to minimize high dew cutters.

Just now, powderfreak said:

14F at the top of the FourRunner when I did the 6am report this morning with wind chills around 0F for hearty morning lift riders.  The mountain was one block of ice (4-10 feet thick) with an angry inch on top. 

I think there might have been 10 people skiing at Stowe today combined.

Wish you were here? 8 on top of firm

IMG_20190410_074941.jpg

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I think there might have been 10 people skiing at Stowe today combined.  An excellent example of why places close with so much snow.  Definitely lost money today.

Same situation at Stratton with 5 lifts running and very few folks on the mountain. They did a morning groom after last night's freeze.

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

@dendrite check out this weather station website, check out the time lapse and the instrument setup lol Nebraska has a snow plow tracker with live pics https://www.valentinenebraska.net/jwgauge.php

F6ADDDD4-8261-4FF1-9D4A-961951619D7D.png

That's Randy in Valentine. The guy is a total observing weenie like me. He posts a lot over at the wx station forum at wxforum.net. We were playing around with the different Sensirion sensors last year.