Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yup. That was my take too.  Some bored teenager trying to find a gullible poster.  Like all the fake FB profiles out there.

...I'd even guess a middle aged male with latency/self-identity issues ... trying to lure posters into a PM scenario to test role playing fantasies ..  Dating sites are notorious for that kind of crap... stringing people along for either nefarious criminal intent, or psycho-babble fantasy/role-playing using non-suspecting targets ... 

It's not that uncommon - there was a poster on here a few years ago, pretty sure dating back to Eastern.  I think "she" hailed from Uxbridge ... "central_masswx" was the alias if memory serves ... one that time cannot erode from my mind soon enough. This individual began PM'ing me out of the blue ... Content played the lonely card ... Offering up that she had trouble meeting people ... and I seemed understanding and kind.  I ended up on some sort of photo-bucket account.  '... Want to see what I look like....' - classic.

I mean why not .. right?  And of course what I'm seeing is this sort of blurry image of an uber hot female as she straddles what looks like a pummlehorse amid a play-ground setting ...  You can't write this shit for PH forums.    

Inevitably ... it became tantalizingly serendipitous that we ' ... like all the same things' ... and ( eeewwww) ' you're really handsome.'  

Things got suspicious straight away though from about that point along flirtation course work ...  She wanted to meet, but then would play coy about times and places ... Putting things off by entering flimsy petty reasons...  Only to regroup and act like it was still really going to happen... The coup de grace was when she offered up what really looked inadvertently like "male" turns of phrases - either this, or was an attempt to test.  Not sure...  Not interesting though.  It just became more dubious and eventually it was an easy guess this person was not the person they had purported/illustrated of themselves.  

People do that shit ... it's a phenomenon on social media ... concomitant with the anonymity of the Internet ...  'Identity fraud,' and the reasons they engage are varied.. Be it criminality, or some sort of psycho-babble fantasy role playing.  It's the internet...  this is an intrinsically anonymous stage, lit so brightly that the audience is utterly shrouded in impenetrable blackness of uncertainty as to just who in the hell we "really" are interacting with... Oh, that vast majority of times, Will is Will, Steve is Steve, I'm me, your you, and Kevin's a douche... and we all know and confidently know that - helps that we've met in public from time to time...   But, every so often - heh... never know