Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The transition from winter to spring can be a bumpy road, Its not like we flip a switch once we hit April and its summer temps with HHH as some seem to think its going to be or want it to be.

Oh ...we're getting a foot of snow out of one or both of those -NAO transits - ...  if only because it will drive me the the brink of madness and god truly is the ultimate schadenfreudian ...he'll get it done.

11 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I'm shocked the snow is lasting as long as it is here, I would have thought maybe above my elevation would hang on, but it's been legit snow and a little IP for over an hour now grass and deck cancel again...

Those low dew points are getting it done...dry air mass does wonders.  

Of course in January with a cutter coming it'll be 38/5 and then precip starts and it's 34/34 rain :lol:.

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I don’t see an issue really. I mean he can take it and he dish some out . Haven’t seen anything out of hand ....

He is an Asshole. Why does Kev think its birving, if so then huge downgrade in post quality.  Snow sleet mix here. Pure snow in Thompson. Makes 6 months 2 years in a row with snow, pretty cool and uncommon here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Love it. Been coming down pretty good for awhile and the pine trees and metal deck furniture are turning white.  Come tomorrow it will be mid-60s and catching fish. 

Opening day is next Saturday in RI , heading back to the old secret haunts.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Opening day is next Saturday in RI , heading back to the old secret haunts.

Funny. I fished almost exclusively for trout for about 2-3 years. Then when I started bass fishing, come April, I caught more trout with 4-5" suspending jerkbaits than I ever did with "little trout lures" and Powerbait chunks. Given the all trebles its a bloody mess with scales everywhere though. Stafford and Wallum you could go 7-8 casts in a row with a rainbow if you hit a school.

24 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Funny. I fished almost exclusively for trout for about 2-3 years. Then when I started bass fishing, come April, I caught more trout with 4-5" suspending jerkbaits than I ever did with "little trout lures" and Powerbait chunks. Given the all trebles its a bloody mess with scales everywhere though. Stafford and Wallum you could go 7-8 casts in a row with a rainbow if you hit a school.

I love me some RI 2 lb rainbows and browns, half a night crawler single hook , no sinker is my River method. Lived on the Wood Pawcatuck for 11 years, hundreds of trout not all stocked, leftovers or natives all red meat is all I smoked. I bass fish down the street from me in a little stream with live baby pumpkin seed. Throw everything back these days. Stripers and blues too

59 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

He is an Asshole. Why does Kev think its birving, if so then huge downgrade in post quality.  Snow sleet mix here. Pure snow in Thompson. Makes 6 months 2 years in a row with snow, pretty cool and uncommon here

Ha, he's definitely someone who's been around for a long time knowing what happens to the forum in the summer (off-season) and knowing poster tendencies and such.  Can't just stumble on the forum and then all the sudden know the lingo, post like a 10-year vet, know who everyone is, and even how to troll people.  New posters are immediately like sorry man, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Snow is right on our doorstep up here.  Been a while with virga on the higher reflectivity scans up here but should be starting any minute now that it's saturating the lower level scans on the west side of the mountains.

5 minutes ago, das said:

I have to say, I’ve really enjoyed my first winter (largely) in Vermont. 

My place right now:

image.thumb.jpg.3e449c343d8769dff43d88d37aa9b50e.jpg

A good season to move into the BTV area/Champlain Valley... 102.5" at BTV to date, which is +24.7 above normal to date.

From Maryland to a 100+ inch winter probably feels like a pretty solid increase for sure.  I loved when I first moved to BTV from ALB...you can tell the northern latitude difference.