Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

26 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, 50/50 much?

That is not cutting should that 50/50 feature and the block materialize.

Nope-

About the only hope for spring enthusiasts when faced with that layout is that between now and then ... the sun can diabatically force the circulation into a different paradigm altogether - otherwise...heh... 

'Course, ...being D10 does pose a deterministic problem either way, huh -

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

What the hell does that even translate as in non-weather-geek language? 

Tambora.

If the GFS is right SNE pushes 70 on Monday while Maine is in the 20s and snowing. Got to love April weather.

Or late March.  21 years ago some S. Maine sites neared 90 on March 31, Augusta made it to 85.  Meanwhile, I was working on the Scraggly Lake public lands just NE from Baxter park on 30-31 and we were in mid-30s mank both days, clouds. fog, sprinkles, a few IP, and had no clue than summer had made a brief appearance not all that far away.

33 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's impressive to get ZR this time of the year during the daylight hours.

Sneaky airmass.

Very true, though being at 1800' helps.

Timing is better (for frozen) around here, mainly after dark, but qpf seems to be fading with each run.  Maybe an inch or 2, all melted by early aft but quite pretty at sunrise.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's impressive to get ZR this time of the year during the daylight hours.

Sneaky airmass.

Was working in Norwalk right on the water today. There was sleet and freezing rain around noon. Van said it was 35.  Landscapers were putting mulch down. Tons of stuff sprouting including some forsythia. Felt weird. 

9 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Was working in Norwalk right on the water today. There was sleet and freezing rain around noon. Van said it was 35.  Landscapers were putting mulch down. Tons of stuff sprouting including some forsythia. Felt weird. 

Weird for me was seeing snow accumulate on my flowering rhododendrons. 

11 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Still sleet and rain here in Milford. Crazy for midday early April. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Gorgeous 3 day stretch incoming.  Tan will be getting a head start. 

This just happened last week when you all were basking in spring and I was stuck in the 30's.  Looks like its going to happen again.  I hate this.  Once we get into April I want the seasons fast forwarded.  Not going to happen to fast here...

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Can’t wait for upper 60s tomorrow. We clean up. 

Vintage Scott timing right here ...ha ha ha :lol: oh man - he waits... wait for it - BAM

You realize in the early days of pre identified 'social media' era internet, what you did is criminal trollicism

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Some of you act like you have never lived in New England before, April is always a crap shoot.

It's kinda slow-coachian to react to snow falling after what ... 165 hours of perpetual coverage and brow rubbing to get this to happen at all ...

No idea this was gonna happen, huh -

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's kind slow coach to react to snow falling after what ... 165 hours of perpetual coverage and brow rubbing to get this to happen at all ...

No idea this was gonna happen, huh -

The transition from winter to spring can be a bumpy road, Its not like we flip a switch once we hit April and its summer temps with HHH as some seem to think its going to be or want it to be.

Just now, dryslot said:

Some of you act like you have never lived in New England before, April is always a crap shoot.

Yeah being early April, I don't understand the hysteria around a gloppy 1" of snow in the hills. Sure its something to track but it is also very common fare.

Show me 5/18/02? Where we had almost 5" at mi casa and that is worthy of attention.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The transition from winter to spring can be a bumpy road, Its not like we flip a switch once we hit April and its summer temps with HHH as some seem to think its going to be or want it to be.

Thank you!!!  I would of just reacted to this post with the emoji options but for some reason, it won't allow me.

Can a Mod look into this btw. I can't send private messages to anyone either