Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

7 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I really don't understand all the complaining and moaning about having days with temps in the 50's and some rain. It's freakin New England in early April. This is very normal for this time of year. Jackets can easily be worn until June some years. As for you in Nova Scotia, this weather is even more normal for early April. What's the all-time record high temp for April there? 80? I hope you weren't expecting anything like that until at least mid-late May.

I don't know. Maybe it's the -NAO that's got everyone worked up about these "horrible" April conditions

It will be a brutal April overall. Deal with it. 

13 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I really don't understand all the complaining and moaning about having days with temps in the 50's and some rain. It's freakin New England in early April. This is very normal for this time of year. Jackets can easily be worn until June some years. As for you in Nova Scotia, this weather is even more normal for early April. What's the all-time record high temp for April there? 80? I hope you weren't expecting anything like that until at least mid-late May.

I don't know. Maybe it's the -NAO that's got everyone worked up about these "horrible" April conditions

Aprils are hit and miss. Can be crap but also can be some good ones. I don't mind some coolish weather (normal here is 45F) but that run had significant amount of snow over several models. I can do without that. Puff puff pass.

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It will be a brutal April overall. Deal with it. 

?  I have no problem with it. Not a fan of HHH. In-fact, I despise it. I welcome this weather. It's one of the reasons I moved here instead of FL when I had the two options for my career.

I think it's other people that are having trouble accepting it and they're the one's that need to "deal with it". Sounds like you and Tip are a couple of them

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

43/10  I wonder if we can pull off a burst of snow later..

It does appeal that way, doesn't it - like by the time the llv saturate enough for ground truth, you're cat pawing in between teeny stinging cold drizzle drops ...having raged an IB burst of overrunning snow thump down to just tickling the tips of the pine forests canopy along the Monads... Victory! 

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

my friend from Newtown texted me it's hailing :lol: I want to slap him

Lol, I mean the sleet has been a bit large from time to time....More and more more flakes have been mixing in as the temperature drops, It was almost 44° not too long ago, we are still dropping 38.1°/23° atm

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wouldn't take much to correct D6-7 into something a lot more interesting either.

yeah ...no it wouldn't ... it's been flirting with it ... as I'm sure you're aware - the GFS has been an open wave/Miller B suggestion for many runs... 

Btw, folks if ur into chasing/holding out for this stuff at this time of year ...I wouldn't sweat the QPF/ptype products ...there's virtually no BL resolution in April to begin with at that sort of time lead, and certainly not in any incompetent American -based use of math and physics  :axe:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

The ukmet looked decent for that storm.

Yeah it did....D6 had a monster low up in your 'hood and associated NAO block that looked like a good setup to block the one coming out of the plains from cutting.

Apr5_12zUkie.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's impressive to get ZR this time of the year during the daylight hours.

Sneaky airmass.

This question came up earlier this week and I spent some time 'over describing' a response as usual ...that time of year is kinda bullshit - paraphrasing... 

It's simply a matter of offset factors, ...period. If they are sufficient, it doesn't matter.  It simply of matter of the sky being a little denser in over cast along with sufficiently low DPs feeding in - it could ice June. 

the trick is (duh) there's no air masses around in June capable of being said factor - but that's related to the hemisphere being in an inferno by then