Brown-eyed women and red grenadine
The bottle was dusty, but the liquor was clean
Sound of the thunder with the rain pourin' down
And it looks like the old man's gettin' on..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jennifer said:

I moved to New England (Maine) from Florida last week, how the hell do you people stay warm? I bundle up from head to toe and I’m freezing 

This is nothing. You should have been here in January and February when many nights temps dipped in the single digits and we had to run a trickle on the car so it would start.  Gusts to 20 out here on the island today , but quite sunny. Otherwise, dress in layers, go visit LLBean and consider the advice of the learned souls on this page who believe in spirits.  38/12

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jennifer said:

I moved to New England (Maine) from Florida last week, how the hell do you people stay warm? I bundle up from head to toe and I’m freezing 

Welcome to American Weather Forums, Jennifer!

You are so lucky! You get to enjoy all that fresh snow and cool weather.

I had to move to south of Austin TX last August. How do ppl stay cool down here lol?

You will get used to the cooler weather up there Jenn, but that is quite the geographical climatic jump north!!! WOW!

I'd give anything to VISIT that place for a WEEK, let alone the rest of my life!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Can’t say I’m a fan of the long range. Not very spring like. Probably fitting that the best winter potentials not even happen during winter. November and April? We’ll see.

Yeah, not a single one of us was hoping for a strong -NAO and the resulting repercussions. We can only hope that the blocking breaks down later in April and mother nature brings some HHH and good dews for May.

1 hour ago, SnowBrosForever said:

This is nothing. You should have been here in January and February when many nights temps dipped in the single digits and we had to run a trickle on the car so it would start.  Gusts to 20 out here on the island today , but quite sunny. Otherwise, dress in layers, go visit LLBean and consider the advice of the learned souls on this page who believe in spirits.  38/12

Lol @ having to run a trickle charger for your car at single digits above zero. Get an NNE battery in your car!  If it won’t start at anything above -20 you need a new one!

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Lol @ having to run a trickle charger for your car at single digits above zero. Get an NNE battery in your car!  If it won’t start at anything above -20 you need a new one!

Sure, sure, sure, That thinking works on the mainland. Plus, island cars are a peculiar lot. They don't necessarily pass inspection.  We just want brakes so we don't end up parked next to a scallop dragger, and heated seats. Definitely want heated seats.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

Yeah, not a single one of us was hoping for a strong -NAO and the resulting repercussions. We can only hope that the blocking breaks down later in April and mother nature brings some HHH and good dews for May.

Count me as one who wants a cold April. Good Spring skiing this month. Heat can wait.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

lol, Cold cranking amps is where its at, I have 2 -950 amps in the duramax.

• Like 1

Just now, Whineminster said:

The Maine coast isn't really that cold compared to like Rangely or the Allagash. Not sure where she lives though. I'd say PF even has a better shot at a colder winter temp then downeast.

Maine is a very broad area, But southern Maine after living in FLA would be Antarctica..............lol

35 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Maine is a very broad area, But southern Maine after living in FLA would be Antarctica..............lol

I moved from South Florida to Mass/NH and it’s all good. You learn to embrace the cold . I recommend Jennifer doing 25 squats before you leave the house ...that will warm you up

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I moved from South Florida to Mass/NH and it’s all good. You learn to embrace the cold . I recommend doing 20 squats before you leave the house ...that will warm you up

I get better results with 12oz curls and a couple shots, But hey, to each there own.