Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

It still tries to hit me up here with ZR to RA and the backdoor is stubborn down to the pike. Pike-south is warmer, but congrats on 50s and rain. It also tries to form a little mesolow over E MA. idk...if this was winter we'd be talking about locking in the cold for most of SNE with that. 

Yeah... this look over all may be 38 vs 32 ...ha... so, okay - 'relatively' speaking 

So long as that -NAO is for real ... as in fated in destiny here ... that EPS solution can go south and in fact is arguable as a correction. 

( speaking 180 -216 hrs depending on which member but also in the means...) 

Same true for the GFS ... there are several members that offer up the more -NAO/correlated Miller B potential ...  

It can happen with a Lake cutter/smear hybrid low in a -NAO ...particularly in the onset frames of the index crash.. .because often times the blocking associated with the -NAO is in the process of being displaced westward at higher latitude... and the would-be Lakes cyclone is not yet responding to its exertion on wave spacing... But that's the smear ...what happens is, the Lake low merely gets to a slightly higher latitude before ending as an intense boundary with waves running out along the upper M/A  ... flopping overrunning gunk over us..  That's no warm pattern next week in the least.  Yuck.  

So some part of this is NAO timing from what I'm seeing. The Euro backed off the most...it's Lakes cyclone is the farthest N... Well to know we're beyond that models performance window so there's that too..  The models that have more NAO coming west sooner end up more Miller B among those various members of the GEF and probably the EPS ones, as well. 

As far as the nearer icing laugher runs ...that still comes down to whether the back-log forcing gets going earlier.  Even if that doesn't happen... I agree with JB and Brian that the BL is going to be colder in this look as a standard correction - matter of how much..

1 hour ago, yoda said:

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/weather/stories/Remembering-the-1995-Hail-Storm-429786873.html

Wiz would probably be either working or have something come up :lol:

Nope not anymore :D

Only work until 3:00 now so I should have ample opportunity to chase and I'll be taking a week off the first week of June as soon as benefits kick in

Wow, upcoming 2-3 weeks look horrid for the most part for any type of decent spring weather.  If we can't get anything decent...here's to hoping this Big -NAO can force something somewhat exciting/wild with regard to weather into our area/SNE.  Cuz if not...it's looking pretty bad otherwise(damp/grey/cold), a real Ratter early Spring look to it.

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

Yes 6/20/95 one of the high points in all of our wx lives.

One of the most classic supercells I've seen in SNE on radar, trumped only by Brimfield 6/1/11. Interesting north to south motion too along the cold front. EML day with 70 dews and temps in the 90s. Just so rare. 

Let's not forget...last year had the same exact thing...a crumby, horrible, and brutal April...and then we quickly flipped a switch as we entered May. We had a nice thunderstorm event on the 10th, the outbreak on the 15th, and then nothing but heat and high dews. Let April be crummy...we know what's on the horizon 

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow, upcoming 2-3 weeks look horrid for the most part for any type of decent spring weather.  If we can't get anything decent...here's to hoping this Big -NAO can force something somewhat exciting/wild with regard to weather into our area/SNE.  Cuz if not...it's looking pretty bad otherwise(damp/grey/cold), a real Ratter early Spring look to it.

Your post is going to send someone off of the deep end...…...

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow, upcoming 2-3 weeks look horrid for the most part for any type of decent spring weather.  If we can't get anything decent...here's to hoping this Big -NAO can force something somewhat exciting/wild with regard to weather into our area/SNE.  Cuz if not...it's looking pretty bad otherwise(damp/grey/cold), a real Ratter early Spring spring thru the end of July while we spin yarn over storms of lore to fill the mind-numbing soul killing cruelty of this hell hole planetary geography known as New England look to it.

mm hm

• Haha 1

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

Ha,,Couple solid snow events C/NNE next week and the week after??

well ... just off the top of my head .. I'd have to guess, "...solid shit, period... until you have all but given up on this hobby for pure unfairness and futility...only then do things change"...  couple 'o chances of that -sure

• Like 1