• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man those west side slopes in the hill towns off the spine look sick 

Yeah, Stowe Village will get half of what Underhill gets in this.  The ski area will get smoked but those BTV bedroom communities on the west slopes will get destroyed, especially the western bench at 700-1,200ft.  Those places may be "boonies" to some but they are expensive places for the BTV professionals to live in the country.  UVM Professors like JSpin and such.

JSpin too...he's at 500ft but will get the full weight of the Spine QPF in this.  You'll probably see him with like a 1.82" melted total or something ridiculous like that. 

Just now, Modfan said:

I think Stafford/Union/Woodstock hills south of ORH can see 1-3 out of this.

Def a reasonable chance the interior hills in general see 1-3 inches. Good ULL track with a lot of synoptic moisture wrapping around. It's going to be one of those things that is hard to forecast though....the deep ULL can make things almost semi-convective.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, Stowe Village will get half of what Underhill gets in this.  The ski area will get smoked but those BTV bedroom communities on the west slopes will get destroyed, especially the western bench at 700-1,200ft.  

JSpin too...he's at 500ft but will get the full weight of the Spine QPF in this.  You'll probably see him with like a 1.82" melted total or something ridiculous like that. 

Yeah now I envy lol. Looks sweet. Hope they all get smoked. I like a challenge though. Gene’s area could be interesting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Smuggs and Bolton crush job.

Flow doesn't look that blocked.  I bet it's pretty uniform above 2000ft on both the east and west side of the crest.  The precip just drops off rapidly on the Stowe side once you clear the crest so that like 3-5 miles out from Mansfield into Stowe we are realizing like 50% of the QPF.  

35-50kts of NW flow will cause the snow produced aloft to drift downwind quite a bit too.  I'd love to see a real 3-D model of local precip patterns in this stuff.  Like snow formed at 7000ft over Underhill lands at the Stowe ski resort lol...slanted downwind fall rates.

Just think ... in the multiverse theory ... it is plausible that there is a parallel realm existing along the same time lines as this for which we call reality. In that reality ... the GGEM is the only model that is either employed in the daily grind of operational Meteorology ... but also is what fills the screens with the cinema the neurotic dopamine seeking weather-related social media zealot depends upon ...  And right now, they are discussing if those hurricane wind warnings might just bust too strong -  

• Confused 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I actually hope this works out for the east slopes where Gene and Ne into Maine. The atmosphere is so borderline away from the mountains. Someone is going to lose some trees and power.

Some areas are locked, There are a few wildcard areas for sure, But i think its going to come down to the short range mesos and nowcasting, The track is not ideal for areas east.

I know it's not in our sub-forum but the models are now consistently showing Malone, NY and areas just south, as the synoptic jack for this storm. Most models are showing 2'+ in that area.

With the storm tracks that we've seen this year, a lot of places inland are seeing jacks this year that we haven't seen in a while.