• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Man Gene on north may avoid any real significant dry slot and just keep on keeping on today. There may be a lull in lift, but it's not going to get any warmer aloft in NH than it is right now.

Is that the CCB in your area and mid-level deformation further west?  Those two areas look like they could merge in NE VT and NNH.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This zone is just getting rocked in VT right now.  Heavy snow at the ASOS.  Web cams look like pancakes in some spots.  

MPV just had 0.14" in the bucket last hour at 32F. 

IMG_2632.GIF.518ba554b3321d8ef98a7e3fefd5c530.GIF

IMG_2630.GIF.e721bfd68185b82ed230450a18d3a443.GIF 

Upslope from Ginxy over to Stafford/Union? Surprised to see Manchest CT mixing

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This zone is just getting rocked in VT right now.  Heavy snow at the ASOS.  Web cams look like pancakes in some spots.  

Interesting about this radar image ... the models actually look spot on with that ptype over the St Lawrence seaway region there - ...from the ICON to the FV3' and back...I was puzzled why it was raining that far NW of this thing that high up in latitude yet ... here we are, and there it is... right there.  IF it's realy that is - pretty interesting and probably hugely telling how destined this was all along to be an elevation dependent system... 

We may and probably will get a few lower elevation dynamical cash-ins but by and large, this is typical strewn spring shredded amorphous gradient mess for most below 2,000 foot el... until a possible secondary deepening happens this evening... We'll see

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Is that the CCB in your area and mid-level deformation further west?  Those two areas look like they could merge in NE VT and NNH.

Doppler velocity is starting to deform from the classic WAA look, so I think the CCB is starting to work its way through our area now.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I can confirm that we are indeed getting rocked.  The 1/2 mile visibility ob at MPV seems a little high given what I see looking out my window in downtown.

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wife confirms it is snowing very heavily at the house at the moment.  "a few inches at least"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It's pretty cool actually that echoes over western Tolland County are moving east and echoes over eastern Tolland County are moving west. 

If you pull up loop from that Morch firehose storm , it looked similar. I kept worrying the Dryslot to the east in Windham Cty would reach me, but it just kept upsloping heavy snow . 22” later 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

If you pull up loop from that Morch firehose storm , it looked similar. I kept worrying the Dryslot to the east of Windham Cty would reach me, but it just kept upsloping heavy snow . 22” later 

That wasn't upslope in the March '13 storm...not down in RI and CT anyway...there was def a standing wave in that because the precip was extremely heavy just to the east of the "hole",,,,interior SE MA was getting annihilated while most of RI (esp west of Cory) got screwed and then it started up again in E CT.