• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

My daughter says there’s flakes mixing in at the high school at 700 feet 

She just said that to get you to stop texting her. :-p

• Haha 3

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

My daughter says there’s flakes mixing in at the high school at 700 feet 

May have to watch this aftn as the cold moves in. Might not stick, but could be like a 33-34 snow. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That may be part of that weird band from RI to srn parts of central MA occurring right now. 

It is. Really need to only look at qpf after 00z tonight to really get the true potential for snow in SNE outside of the Berkshires. 

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

At the time we didn't think they were going to get much out of this morning's stuff (that's not working out), and then could just hoist an advisory for the upslope after. We didn't really have the area of 6+ amounts to bump anything but maybe northern Coos to a warning.

It was definitely a low confidence forecast, but as Ekster has been saying I probably should've just hedged colder than models based on the pattern recognition. 

I wouldn’t be so hard on yourself. 4 days ago i had partly sunny, breezy and somewhat mild for today. 

38 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm hearing 4" at the mountain so far.

Looks nice!  

This thing is going to crush tonight.

I told a colleague who lives in Elmore and has a pass at Stowe, that there was going to be a huge upslope crushing at the mountain but Sunday would be better because there will be wind holds tomorrow.  He said he was going to New Hampshire.  I told him that Stowe was going to be better but he's set on going to NH

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s not even upslope as lower spots in the valley are juiced on that. Almost like a standing wave thing. Wonder if that is correct. 

nam3km_2019032206_fh25_xsection_43.56N,74.48W_40.89N,71.04W_FGEN,-Theta-e,-Omega.png

2 minutes ago, Arnold214 said:

I wouldn’t be so hard on yourself. 4 days ago i had partly sunny, breezy and somewhat mild for today. 

Its scooters fault, He had the Met flu a week or so ago when he busted and sent it NE up here.

33 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Just you replying to yourself all day long.

Not true, I'd be chiming in about what it looks like outside my office window from time to time.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Back to aggies mixing in at home but 33.7F

The SLP in the GOM looks like is deepening.

Just now, Arnold214 said:

Probably the best radar presentation of the season from KGYX. 

Wish I went to Sunday river today. Man, that is looking pretty awesome backing into oxford county. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wish I went to Sunday river today. Man, that is looking pretty awesome backing into oxford county. 

Ugh. Interesting Nam runs , have to say it but FV did show that Mass CT snow band first

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Ugh. Interesting Nam runs , have to say it but FV did show that Mass CT snow band first

That model  always shows snow though lol. A bit too cold.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Normally you'd be up there this week...damn. Next year for you once you learn to manage your back for a year. 

Theres some pretty intense stuff that rolls through overnight too. I think the afternoon stuff in SNE is going to be fighting the insolation and BL a little too much for accums, but never say never. Tonight though could be pretty interesting...a few 3 spots wouldn't surprise me. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Croaked