• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The 3k NAM crushed this one from like 2-3 days ago. It was like perfect. Actually wasn’t heavy enough lol

HREF did ok too. That looked a little more upslope. But it takes more help from above to force several inches or more from hills 800' to 1K. Pretty cool. 

I do think there was a lot of drift from that band. HFD is about 9kft below the lowest beam from BOX. There was big lift with this in the DGZ around H6. So with decent W flow there was plenty of time to drift it toward Kevin. Reminds me of all of those deform bands I had and where it wouldn’t start pounding until the band passed me to my north due to N flow and my distance from the GYX beam.

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I do think there was a lot of drift from that band. HFD is about 9kft below the lowest beam from BOX. There was big lift with this in the DGZ around H6. So with decent W flow there was plenty of time to drift it toward Kevin. Reminds me of all of those deform bands I had and where it wouldn’t start pounding until the band passed me to my north due to N flow and my distance from the GYX beam.

The second I saw that radar you posted last night , I knew that was how we ended up getting the heavy amounts 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

The second I saw that radar you posted last night , I knew that was how we ended up getting the heavy amounts 

I mean we could estimate. I’m not sure what the fall velocity would be for your snow. Maybe about 1 m/s for good sized dendrites? HFD is about 2700m below the beam. Factor in the avg wind from H6-H9 and we could see if the horizontal distance traveled matches your distance from HFD.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I mean we could estimate. I’m not sure what the fall velocity would be for your snow. Maybe about 1 m/s for good sized dendrites? HFD is about 2700m below the beam. Factor in the avg wind from H6-H9 and we could see if the horizontal distance traveled matches your distance from HFD.

Winds were WNW so maybe it was the snow over Springfield?