• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Been up since about 3:30. Guess I’m not running today . Looks like about 6”

Another band swinging through. Been a neat little wave modeled there. I think the flow is a little blocked too. Crazy beam drift. Good sh*t there. Fluffer!

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Another band swinging through. Been a neat little wave modeled there. I think the flow is a little blocked too. Crazy beam drift. Good sh*t there. Fluffer!

See that post above. While Sugarloaf looked like he had S+ In Enfield ,  was getting blown east. This is wild. It’s snowing ridiculously hard 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s a great grab. All that snow looked like it was falling over the valley a few miles to our west , but it was getting blown and wrung out right overhead in the hills . That’s awesome to see there how this occurred. 

That was west of you. It moved east later..but again I still say that was tied to a synoptic feature as it extended NNW. Definitely helped to be at 1k though. 

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That was west of you. It moved east later..but again I still say that was tied to a synoptic feature as it extended NNW. Definitely helped to be at 1k though. 

But I saw those valley reports of nothing falling or flurries. It was snowing nicely here around 9:15 when I went to bed, so that had to have been getting blown east to some degree. So you mean you don’t think this is upslope snow?

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Now it shows us between bands but still moderate now coming down, not sure what they’re getting over the heavier echos though.  By far the heaviest was 1-2am when the first band came through with over 2”/hour rates and wild winds 

908A5E0E-F000-4891-AA06-E1AF5EFD10F8.jpeg

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

But I saw those valley reports of nothing falling or flurries. It was snowing nicely here around 9:15 when I went to bed, so that had to have been getting blown east to some degree. So you mean you don’t think this is upslope snow?

I mean it helped, but like those cross sections showed yesterday, there was some sort of feature...like frontogenesis/deformation along with the TROWAL and NW flow up the west side of the hills to help ring out the precip. It was also focused pike south because RI getting it good too. I mentioned to watch that area yesterday. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean it helped, but like those cross sections showed yesterday, there was some sort of feature...like frontogenesis/deformation along with the TROWAL and NW flow up the west side of the hills to help ring out the precip. It was also focused pike south because RI getting it good too. I mentioned to watch that area yesterday. 

What are amounts like in RI?