• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Look at that mesoscale band from CVT to Alex in NNH. 

Even some 15-16" reports so far in that axis.

Models last night had that down near Mitch...it ended up more like the previous days runs further north.  

Huge screw job in the Adirondacks though.

IMG_2649.PNG.aaa0072be8f6b6612845de15039298ba.PNG

That map is sorta crap- well very incomplete - the band extends south on the spine just north of Mitch’s spot by about 30 miles or so 

S VT elevations like stratton were over 6” easy 

I would guess towns like Jamaica VT and Londonderry got over 6” as well . They are 1800’++

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That map is sorta crap- well very incomplete - the band extends south on the spine just north of Mitch’s spot by about 30 miles or so 

I would guess towns like Jamaica VT and Londonderry got over 6” as well . They are 1800’++

Most of those totals are from like 6-8am in SVT. I know that's my .4" from 7am cocorahs

23 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I just drove all over southern Vermont after doing a couple runs at Stratton. 

Its the most elevation dependent event I have ever seen here.

it goes from zero accumulation in Manchester to over 8” above 2500’ at Stratton. I only have about 3” at 1400 near Jamaica. I wish Mitch would post as I bet he has about 6”

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I just drove all over southern Vermont after doing a couple runs at Stratton. 

Its the most elevation dependent event I have ever seen here.

it goes from zero accumulation in Manchester to over 8” above 2500’ at Stratton. I only have about 3” at 1400 near Jamaica. I wish Mitch would post as I bet he has about 6”

There was a few of these elevation storms in NOV too. I have about the same as you at 1100ft in Manchester--3"(2.8" actually)--but yea in town around 750ft it was actually raining most of the morning, then just white rain rest of the day.

Curios to see how much uplsope makes it over to you in Jamaica when that kicks in--ALY mentioned a somewhat blocked flow.

Roads here are drying... mocking the event.

40 F with a nice breeze.  Actually, doesn't feel too bad after work glued me to the couch all day and I had to step out at last for sanity's sake...

I'm thinking, "storm?"   ...ooo k. 

This is a typical spring whirl man. Nothing more, nothing less.. no big big deal.  Yeah, it snowed at 2,500 feet ...in March - holy shit!... and some people had forgettable slush otherwise.  Check out climo (lest you've forgotten) and marvel... relish in the mediocrity.

Be that as it may, this is an entirely seasonal day here in N/central Mass and tomorrow's full sun at nearing 49 F at 2 pm will make the two day average pretty damn good for what can happen around here at this time of year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Who knows how they decide that stuff, ha. BTV to SYR flights happen more regular than to ALB or something?  I can't imagine there's many commercial flights ALB to BTV but I know SYR to BTV happens a couple times a day as I've done that.

You're still not back yet!? What airport are you flying from?

56 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

There was a few of these elevation storms in NOV too. I have about the same as you at 1100ft in Manchester--3"(2.8" actually)--but yea in town around 750ft it was actually raining most of the morning, then just white rain rest of the day.

Curios to see how much uplsope makes it over to you in Jamaica when that kicks in--ALY mentioned a somewhat blocked flow.

It’s been snowing lightly but not accumulating. We’ll see after the sun goes down. If thinking an inch or two at the house and 2-4 at the mountain. Stratton normally does not do to well in west wind upslope events. The one exception of course was the 3rd nor’easter last March, but that was a whole other animal.