• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That model  always shows snow though lol. A bit too cold.

Yeah O.T. but ... ya get that sense of it using that thing. 

But, it leads me to curiosity as to how it will handle summer boundary layer meteorology...  

So now really off-topic, but considering how atrocious the current operational GFS is ... what it was doing through warm spells last summer, and also... how horribly it has been with hygroscopic thermodynamics in any season (for that matter), should give folks pause as NCEP prepares to replace it with a model that has that as its ancestral root - 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Normally you'd be up there this week...damn. Next year for you once you learn to manage your back for a year. 

Theres some pretty intense stuff that rolls through overnight too. I think the afternoon stuff in SNE is going to be fighting the insolation and BL a little too much for accums, but never say never. Tonight though could be pretty interesting...a few 3 spots wouldn't surprise me. 

Love this shit

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Up to 32.8F  Back to light snow after a heavy snow burst.   Going to get harder to accumulate now that Im pushing 33F

accum.jpg

I'm thinking it's a "bursty" affair until perhaps 7 pm through ...1 ...2 in the morning or so.  During which, there might be a but more cohesive homogenized rad appeal, with more general scoped two-level greens over central/NE NE 

Seems this third in the serious Lakes S/W will be fusing in during the afternoon and evening and we're even seeing a bit of a modeled intensification of the surface reflection ... as it whirls there anchored E of PSM ... probably because of that

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Nah, I'm parking the car on the pond off the first hole at Spring Meadows and letting nature take its course from there.

That’s my spot. You go over to the electrical box on 15 and cross some wires.