• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was looking at that Great Lakes energy droping into the trough and it slows or almost pulls back the original cut off low back west ...or at least doesn't let it escape east on Friday night.  Leads to just a nice ULL and PVA moving under SNE and joining with the first low.

It’s a shame that could happen 6 hrs earlier. That would be fun. Paste+. But hey, take what you can eat at this stage. 

Btv wrf seems to be the last model to realize this isn’t tracking into W. Long Island and then to Portland . Finally shifted SE a solid 75 miles 

its sorta fast with the narrow front end CCB stuff which seems solid for a few hours because it actually has Gardner mass as all snow at 5am with the lead batch of goodies . Actually throws down .5 qpf for N ORH from 3am to 9am Have to watch that lead batch for potential surprises in monads and N ORH?

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Btv wrf seems to be the last model to realize this isn’t tracking into W. Long Island and then to Portland . Finally shifted SE a solid 75 miles 

When does the 18Z Euro come out?

Still sitting at 41.4/28F and I have 100% snowcover too.  I don't see me dropping 8-10F even with dynamic cooling.  

38/23 here but doesn’t seem like we get anything decent till tomorrow eve. Until then just a couple of inches then rain. Which is fine by me, don’t need more snow on the ground heading into the melting season. :) we are almost sold out for the weekend though so it’s good our guests get some snow

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alex said:

38/23 here but doesn’t seem like we get anything decent till tomorrow eve. Until then just a couple of inches then rain. Which is fine by me, don’t need more snow on the ground heading into the melting season. :) we are almost sold out for the weekend though so it’s good our guests get some snow

Alex,  look how low your dew is.  You have lots more room to drop compared to me.  I think you will get quite a bit of snow even before the upslope begins.  Especially true if the low keeps trending east.  

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

18z RGEM increased snow in SNE to at least 1-3".

I wont lie though, this model you can't trust but it's past 6 runs have been pretty similar.  

IMG_2616.GIF.c130c7bed1ea0bdaff99769797159ba3.GIF

What is up with that little schlong of paste some of the guidance lays across this area....NAM did that, too...can't be elevation....what is it?

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Using unique arrow colors for each range would help. 

Yeah I'd have to imagine that there's a better program than PPT for this. 

Inkscape is free and would work well.

Snow mixing in on and off here. I’m at 1250’. It was all snow at 1400’ or so when I came home. I’m not sure what to expect 3”-6”?  My driveway was finally declared completely ice and snow free today and the top is pretty soft. Hopefully I don’t have to shovel :(