• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

Regular .... block of shit KM NAM ... came in a lot colder for the interior.

In fact, ALB with 20" almost in that solution given the FRH thermal sigma levels/balanced against the synoptic evolution, and 03/03/00 over Logan means that at least it could be snowing pretty good in the ORH elevations...

ah man -

42/27F   Just got home and catching up.  Trend is your friend.  Thought Gray would put up WWA or WSW for my area north and west but reading AFD really no big deal for NH except for the highest Whites.  I am kind of surprised.  Just another tick SE and I would really be in the game.  So close!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I see that area is still being kinda risky as if that mid level banding doesn’t establish itself so far NW then they could see half that 

Def could be. If this whole thing ticks East a bit, that mid-level banding will be SE or East of that area.

12z models verbatim were targeting the Malone area for the jack with the snowmaps but like you said, it could easily be East of there

32.0° F, light snow. I had a couple of brief bursts of moderate with decent sized aggregates. We also had a brief mix with some rain and small ice pellets a short while ago. 

18z NAM was colder than the past several runs and keeps me all snow overnight, but still I'm a little nervous about that sneaky warmth around 850-900 mb, especially with the brief mixing I just had. Any heavier precip should overwhelm that warmth though as it's very thin and marginal. 

I expect to do well with the backside stuff later tomorrow through Saturday AM. The bigger question has been for the front end tonight into tomorrow AM. Do I dry slot or have a sneaky warm layer to contend with? This will determine if I wake up to an inch or two of slop tomorrow morning or 6-8" of paste.

38 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Is that where you are located, right by I-91?

I am on the north side of town close to the Shelburne/Colrain line.  My elevation is around 400 feet or so.   My neighborhood is part of the Green River Valley, that is why I radiate so well and retain snow for so long but it doesn't really help me in elevation events.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I am on the north side of town close to the Shelburne/Colrain line.  My elevation is around 400 feet or so.   My neighborhood is part of the Green River Valley, that is why I radiate so well and retain snow for so long but it doesn't really help me in elevation events.

My son and I kayaked the Green River a few years ago, fun class II with nice scenery.

17 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

32.0° F, light snow. I had a couple of brief bursts of moderate with decent sized aggregates. We also had a brief mix with some rain and small ice pellets a short while ago. 

18z NAM was colder than the past several runs and keeps me all snow overnight, but still I'm a little nervous about that sneaky warmth around 850-900 mb, especially with the brief mixing I just had. Any heavier precip should overwhelm that warmth though as it's very thin and marginal. 

I expect to do well with the backside stuff later tomorrow through Saturday AM. The bigger question has been for the front end tonight into tomorrow AM. Do I dry slot or have a sneaky warm layer to contend with? This will determine if I wake up to an inch or two of slop tomorrow morning or 6-8" of paste.

I feel like you will paste for most, if not all.

• Like 1