• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

Just now, powderfreak said:

I mean if someone will enjoy an inch or two in the hills of SNE, let 'em enjoy it.  But to each their own.  Lotta folks trying to tell one guy what to enjoy and what not to enjoy :lol:.

And I'm not sure we can really rule out something a bit more than an inch or two....I wouldn't forecast it, but its something we should keep an eye on....

I remember we had a not too dissimilar setup on April 4-5, 2006....and the ULL pivoted around with strong vortmax which both went just underneath us and there was a narrow stripe of very heavy snow that completely busted the forecast in a small zone...it was from just SE of ORH through like Framingham to just NW of BOS....I remember Framingham picked up 4-5 inches in about 2 hours that morning. You could even see it on the visible satellite the next day....there was this fairly thin bright white stripe going from like SE ORH county though metrowest. Places not in the band still got some snow, I had about 1.5 inches in ORH but missed out on the heavy stuff...almost convective-like.

Here was the setup going into that...you can see the similarity....the main primary low is out east with the initial energy, but the lakes ULL is diving in late in the game......and the next day when it crossed underneath is when it happened:

April4-2006_ewall.gif

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I mean if someone will enjoy an inch or two in the hills of SNE, let 'em enjoy it.  But to each their own.  Lotta folks trying to tell one guy what to enjoy and what not to enjoy :lol:.

Strange 

is it me or is the storm taking its time and developing a bit sooner near Delmarva latitudes (inland or offshore ) and the slower latitude gain is causing this to swing out a bit more favorably for Parts of New England . (And models seem to be catching on at 12z)

Seems earlier forecasts of this remaining weak and riding up eastern side of NJ into W Long Island sound might not play out 

saw this in 0z Ukie last nite 

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sitting at 46/27 right now with BKN skies. The 1500' sites are about 44/27. I'm not exactly thrilled with the BL wetbulbs for the chance to see any snow at the onset in this area. Gene is running about 42/24 which is more doable .

Will see how Kersearge is looking Friday . Plan on driving up and encountering a nice elevation gradient around 1600-1800 and up

38 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

And I'm not sure we can really rule out something a bit more than an inch or two....I wouldn't forecast it, but its something we should keep an eye on....

I remember we had a not too dissimilar setup on April 4-5, 2006....and the ULL pivoted around with strong vortmax which both went just underneath us and there was a narrow stripe of very heavy snow that completely busted the forecast in a small zone...it was from just SE of ORH through like Framingham to just NW of BOS....I remember Framingham picked up 4-5 inches in about 2 hours that morning. You could even see it on the visible satellite the next day....there was this fairly thin bright white stripe going from like SE ORH county though metrowest. Places not in the band still got some snow, I had about 1.5 inches in ORH but missed out on the heavy stuff...almost convective-like.

Here was the setup going into that...you can see the similarity....the main primary low is out east with the initial energy, but the lakes ULL is diving in late in the game......and the next day when it crossed underneath is when it happened:

April4-2006_ewall.gif

Yes. I remember that. Was so surprised.

also and Ryan can correct me in the date, but pretty sure in 2015 there was a surprise ribbon of snow in the CT valley to Long Island in early April. Similar thing I think. They went paste plus in a narrow spot. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yes. I remember that. Was so surprised.

also and Ryan can correct me in the date, but pretty sure in 2015 there was a surprise ribbon of snow in the CT valley to Long Island in early April. Similar thing I think. They went paste plus in a narrow spot. 

There was an April event in 14 or 15  where Greenfield got 3 inches of paste in like 90 minutes. 

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Any snow is good snow. It’s NE last event of the year. We’ll grab a few , pad the stats and enjoy one last snow cover day on Saturday .

I feel like you’ll sneak a couple. Wrly flow has been good to you before. Maybe less maybe more but just my guess.

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sitting at 46/27 right now with BKN skies. The 1500' sites are about 44/27. I'm not exactly thrilled with the BL wetbulbs for the chance to see any snow at the onset in this area. Gene is running about 42/24 which is more doable .

42.3/24 for me. Generally Gene and I are very close in temp. I think we're at same elevation. 

9 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

@powderfreak is this one of those upslope situations where Sugarbush is worth the extra 45 mins over Killington or should it be pretty uniform up and down the spine Friday night? Trying to figure out where to launch to Friday night for an early start Saturday.

I think wind is going to be an issue Saturday.