• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

lol, I never have to worry about looking or considering the upslope component here with the other 98.3675% on this board.

Don't think I've seen a single flake of upslope at home since moving out of Ft. Kent.  Maps all seem to show considerably more snow in SNE than here.  Hoping for an extended dryslot to limit the RA.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I've never seen the 3km show the ORH/TOL orographic enhancement like this before.  It's like every run it's plopping QPF bulls eyes with nothing the the valley. 

I find it fascinating the model can get that terrain rise of 750-1kft and crank some QPF.

What's the total QPF with the ULL? May be just warm enough in the valley for the algorithm to not trigger snow accums. I'd check for myself, but yeah...mobile and busy.

edit...looks like it's actual lift

I think the snow is probably real Friday night/early Saturday in SNE...as I said a couple days ago, when you get a ULL that deep (and still strengthening) crossing just under our latitude, it usually blossoms something. I think the main question is how cold the surface cools for places further east outside of the hills. Now it may not be one coherent shield...there could be some winners and losers, but I think a few spots are going to get some accumulation.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

LOL....Toss.  

A day or two ago DIT was tossing everything, now he's humping the NAM....

The hills will get some. I mean some accumulation looked possible in the high spots for awhile. Like will said, what happens in low spots. Do we get a coherent shield or is it showery outside the higher terrain? My guess is a narrow area in the low spots may grab an inch, but not sure where. It’s nighttime too. THat helps. This will melt Saturday even as it’s cloudy. For most, it will be raw with flakes and not much accumulation. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The hills will get some. I mean some accumulation looked possible in the high spots for awhile. Like will said, what happens in low spots. Do we get a coherent shield or is it showery outside the higher terrain? My guess is a narrow area in the low spots may grab an inch, but not sure where. It’s nighttime too. THat helps. This will melt Saturday even as it’s cloudy. For most, it will be raw with flakes and not much accumulation. 

Agreed.   

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The eyebrow raiser is the 12z GFS, Its usually a blow torch aloft and now it looks like one of the colder solutions.

Then at 18z it'll flip back to Blowtorch again...lol.

N. Aroostook for the win again.  What a year.  Did a tad over 500 miles last week..it was superb.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Then at 18z it'll flip back to Blowtorch again...lol.

N. Aroostook for the win again.  What a year.  Did a tad over 500 miles last week..it was superb.

A bunch of guys from our club are there this week, Its mint, I'm just trying to figure out how far i'm trailering on sunday, Looking more and more like iit may not be very far.