• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I'm really joking, I wouldn't give a shit in your spot too.  I Just like the ribbing as I think it was Fella who was saying he enjoys a chilly rainy day before May 1st.  But it sounds like you guys are talking about like an autumn Noreaster with windy sheets of rain on a huge curling precip shield.

I get the excitement as a skier too. I would think the cabin above 2k would be viewed as a joke as well. :lol:  I’ve never felt this as anything real interesting outside high spots like Berks or maybe HubbDave’s spot where he could see 1-3. I wish you all good luck in the high spots. 

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Thermals were a lot colder in that one.  I remember that as a cold storm snowing in teens and 20s.  Not like 0C 850s.

You sure? I thought that started out warm and then got cold similar to this one

2014-03-11 44 30 37.0 8.2 28 0 0.00 0.0 5
2014-03-12 33 12 22.5 -6.7 42 0 0.64 15.2 5

031303.png

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You sure? I thought that started out warm and then got cold similar to this one

2014-03-11 44 30 37.0 8.2 28 0 0.00 0.0 5
2014-03-12 33 12 22.5 -6.7 42 0 0.64 15.2 5

031303.png

No not sure haha.  Don't have Will's memory.  But I don't remember it being as elevation dependent as this looks to me for the first half.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No not sure haha.  Don't have Will's memory.  But I don't remember it being as elevation dependent as this looks to me for the first half.

It wasn't. You're both kind of right...ginxy it right that it was warm before but that front sagged south and you were on the Arctic side of it. So the storm was windswept powder. It even gave a nasty ice storm to S VT near the MA border. We were slightly too far south in MA...I remember that being a bitter defeat as about 2-3 days out we still had a chance. We did get good ULL snows the next morning though. About 3 inches. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

With Scooters new found NAM love this winter, I am surprised he discounts any accumulation outside the mountains 

ref1km_ptype.us_ne.png

When did I like the NAM? I stated how a renegade narrow area outside the high spots could get coated, but I’m not sure much of anything is seen in the lower spots outside of a narrow band. 

57 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

What about gene's area and a bit north? still feel like they're on the fence....could be 3" of glop....but could be 12" then some upslope in the Mount Moosilaukee area.

I'm just not feeling it for me.  Marginal airmass.  If the low tracked 50 miles further east maybe.  Still time for some SE ticks.  Guess 18Z Euro was a good start

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

I'm just not feeling it for me.  Marginal airmass.  If the low tracked 50 miles further east maybe.  Still time for some SE ticks.  Guess 18Z Euro was a good start

What’s your elevation? I wouldn’t give up yet. This is going to become a powerful system and there will be surprises. Definitely want to be over 1k though.

42 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

And I'm still snowing beyond that point. 12z didn't have me finishing until Saturday afternoon.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Bodies buried.

I'm thinking of taking the family for a drive this weekend somewhere N of Mitch.  Maybe Emerald Lake State Park for some snow shoeing or Magic Mt for some skiing.