Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

21 hours ago, RedSky said:

First half of May will be below normal with majority cloudy days can't stop the spring of azz now

I got a major farmer's tan (pure sunburn actually) today.  Then again I'm white af. 

Hoping for a couple days without rain, it's been hard to find a day to get the mountain bike out on some trails.  French creek might fair well seeing as its 90% rock :lol:, at least the eastern half, and the soil is pretty loamy so it dries fast anyways.  

I need to make or buy a rain gauge and maybe a pws so I can make better observations.  If anyone has any recommendations from their setup, I'd appreciate it.

Got 0.33" last night around 10:30pm and a couple more rounds early this morning around 1 am and 3 am for an additional 0.07" to total 0.40" for the 2-day event.  I know we were progged for some scattered showers but didn't expect it to amount for as much as it did - at least where I am.  Had taken a screenshot (from KDOX) of what was dropping down out of the north last night (which prompted a SPS for those areas).  In any case, current temp is 58 with overcast and mist.

radar-dover-zoom-05072019.png

• Like 1

The NAM did a decent job since Mon suggesting we could cash in on that line. The HRRR...nasomuch. Looking at it yesterday it suggested, once south of I-78, most of the action would be in NJ.

Anyway, another downpour last night with one really loud, house-rattling boomer directly overhead.

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Wow, slept right through the heaviest rain of the season here so far. Didn't see that coming - 2.0" of rain between roughly midnight and 4 am.

And pretty big drops and lightning....I was out in it..Decent event. Mother's day seems to be a wash-out....