Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Under a warning here, might get clipped by the west side of it. Nice light show so far, about 10 miles away now.

Nice.  Looks to be heading right for me, so I'm gonna head out with the camera.  It's a bit more disorganized now.  Hopefully it holds together for a bit.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BBasile said:

Yeah, I've captured a couple distant strikes, but it collapsed as usual.  

Didn't two Southern NJ counties get tornado warnings last night?  Also that storm passed just 4 or 5 miles to my south along 76, I could hear it and got a bit of a drizzle.  All it did was make my cat want to come inside.

Edit: I think that was may 21/22nd with the tornado warnings, not sure it was an article I saw this morning, but only read the title of course!

10 hours ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Didn't two Southern NJ counties get tornado warnings last night?  Also that storm passed just 4 or 5 miles to my south along 76, I could hear it and got a bit of a drizzle.  All it did was make my cat want to come inside.

Edit: I think that was may 21/22nd with the tornado warnings, not sure it was an article I saw this morning, but only read the title of course!

There haven't been any tornado warnings.  There was a tornado in Delaware a while back, but that's about as close as any severe weather has gotten.  

On 5/25/2019 at 1:07 AM, BBasile said:

There haven't been any tornado warnings.  There was a tornado in Delaware a while back, but that's about as close as any severe weather has gotten.  

Sorry for the confusion, it was actually out of our region in northern Jersey that got the warning or watch, I believe on may 23rd.  I was half asleep when i saw the article and was thinking it was SNJ.  this isnt the article i saw, but close enough.   https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws--20190524-dvcg3ykhczfdzdpbt3ygqimsla-story.html

Also theres a real nice storm rolling through sea isle right now.  I'm sure half the island is underwater now seeing as it floods with a light drizzle.  

• Like 1

Got up to 88 here yesterday and humid, but managed to skirt some of the heaviest cells that came through the area right when our bbq was concluding, only getting 0.05" (it clouded over in the afternoon and that seemed to keep the temps just under 90).  Much different day today, where it is currently partly cloudy, with dews down in the low 50s and temp of 80.