Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

32 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Can see and hear a lot of lightning and thunder off to my west and north.  Still really sticky out, 77 degrees at 8:30 with a few point of 70.  Apparently storms won't get here for another 2 1/2 hours. 

Yeah I am seeing a fireworks show of lightning off to the west right now but not hearing any thunder since it is occurring quite a distance from here.  Temp down to 76 now.

1 hour ago, Maxwell03 said:

April 15?  

My post from that day.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:48 AM, BBasile said:

Very heavy rain, 36 MPH wind gust, some lightning.  Overall, meh.  

Nothing good this year.  And really only one good storm last summer, which was surprising considering how unbearably humid it was.  

On 5/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, RedSky said:

Redsky would really like to know if Monday is going to be a decent beach day. As in is the the partly sunny with 30% chance of showers going to be mostly cloudy and 100% showers.

Yup didn't even take a gamble for today and sure enough - thundershower in progress so 100% showers 

Had to go out with a hose and water some of my plants believe it or not (by some miracle, it hadn't rained here in a week).  And as soon as I finished and rolled up the hose and came inside, in comes a scattered thundershower. :lol:  Currently moderate rain with a thundershower (not seeing any lightning) and 68.  So far at 0.04" with the rain at post time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

There was some good lightning in the LHV this am around 630.

Was watching that cluster that was pretty much in a W --> E orientation as it was slowly pushing to the south as it moved to the east.

It's pretty much done here although may still get some scattered showers.  The sun had popped out briefly but it clouded over again.  Got 0.12" from an isolated dot of heavier stuff that mostly fringed me to the south.

The weak line coming through this afternoon resulting from yesterdays MCS in the OHV will likely be nothing more than showers. However, behind the line late this afternoon and evening, more scattered storms are likely to form in a much better environment. CAPE values ahead of the MCS line are virtually 0 J/kg, but later on the CAPE values are forecasted to rebound to near 1500 J/kg, especially towards the west. Couple that with already strong shear and SRH values and the storms later this evening could be locally impressive.

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_7.png