Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

18 hours ago, JTA66 said:

49F and squally. I'm actually loving this weather -- I'm in no hurry to start month after month of hazy, hot and humid.

Same here..

Some nice downpours here this morning. Definitely squally, you think it's done then bam! Wash, rinse and repeat for days. The continuous rain is somewhat surprising but temps in the lower-mid 40s w/wind is kinda unheard of for mid-May. Let the fun continue! 

43F/Mod rain

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Same here..

Some nice downpours here this morning. Definitely squally, you think it's done then bam! Wash, rinse and repeat for days. The continuous rain is somewhat surprising but temps in the lower-mid 40s w/wind is kinda unheard of for mid-May. Let the fun continue! 

43F/Mod rain

What are you guys talking about? This weather is miserable.  Too warm to ski, too rainy to garden, and too cold to BBQ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

What are you guys talking about? This weather is miserable.  Too warm to ski, too rainy to garden, and too cold to BBQ 

One of my neighbors said the heck with it and put up one of those rectangular canopy umbrellas over their grill.  :D

Meanwhile am up to 0.30" today with light rain and 48.

5 hours ago, wkd said:

Got 1.44" out of yesterdays northeaster. So far this year is looking to be a repeat of last year. Going to be hard to take if it works out that way.

The nightmare scenario, I am now puzzled how a bad pattern can be locked in for a year. We had a 30 day break in excessive rain and I had my fingers crossed for a drought as the pattern appeared to have shifted but right back in the rut.

5 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

Lol....you never BBQ'ed before/during/after an NFL game in Jan w/temps in the teens/single digits w/winds....and perhaps snow falling? It's much MUCH more fun than 95F HHH with flies and insects pecking the hell outta you and your food. 

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

So far up to 0.69" at post time, for a 3-day total of 2.12".  Currently in a lull but another band seems to be headed this way. Temp is 48 (briefly tapped 50 just before 2pm) and misty.

2.72" here since Saturday evening. Saw a couple of patches of blue sky a little while ago - not lined up with the sun however. Still looked nice!

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I actually had sun/partly sunny for a time then bam,,,dark clouds moved in and a downpour.

You lucked out.  I've been trapped under some inversion most of the day. The sidewalks never even got chance to dry.  At least the gusty winds died down for most of the day although I guess when the low finally starts lifting NE further out to sea, the winds may kick up a bit again but out of the NW, before the whole complex heads on up towards New England.

It's a swamp here guestimating a three day total of near 4" as this started with the unpredicted Saturday evening downpour. 49F currently and i see a 39F in the Pocono's. One has to go to northern Hudson Bay to find it this cold i got my thermals on today. 

Oh and yeah the septic is flooded back to the outhouse again.

Right after I had posted, I got another shower with another 0.03" added for a total of 0.05" for the day so far (2.19" event total).  The sun was trying to come out earlier, but it was like the infamous "self-destruct" type where it quickly clouded over again.  At least the sidewalk dried. lol  It also finally made it over 50 and is currently 53 and overcast.

• Like 1