Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Rain is fun till we bake....having some decent storms/lighting which will linger into the weekend. Mother's Day washout 101....

It's a complete and utter garbage weather pattern. I went from my own personal worst winter to worst spring without skipping a beat. May is on track to have as many beach days as April, as in hardly any and whenever they do crop up i have something else to do. Tomorrow is a perfect example as it could be decent but you can't trust the forecast. One would think an awful winter would at least lead to a decent spring or even a hot one but no all lemons lol. Rest of the weekend is total shat too.

18 hours ago, RedSky said:

It's a complete and utter garbage weather pattern. I went from my own personal worst winter to worst spring without skipping a beat. May is on track to have as many beach days as April, as in hardly any and whenever they do crop up i have something else to do. Tomorrow is a perfect example as it could be decent but you can't trust the forecast. One would think an awful winter would at least lead to a decent spring or even a hot one but no all lemons lol. Rest of the weekend is total shat too.

I'm kinda enjoying this upcoming weekend....Sixers gm7 Sun night....Phils in 1st by 4gms. Sunday appears to be a damp/rainy and chilly...hell, M-Day flowers may have frost on them if kept outside overnight.

Ripping downpour here got like an inch in fifteen minutes. Wasn't expecting anything like that this evening must be a special delivery from the spring of azz.

Temperatures forecast for Sun-Tue are loltastic

In other news the frogs here have become biblical, there was a sci fi movie about this in the 70's...

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

Ripping downpour here got like an inch in fifteen minutes. Wasn't expecting anything like that this evening must be a special delivery from the spring of azz.

Temperatures forecast for Sun-Tue are loltastic

In other news the frogs here have become biblical, there was a sci fi movie about this in the 70's...

Getting a nice shower here now. How's the new grass looking?

Wet times ahead for the next couple of days or so. Rain should move in around midnight tonight with rain (heavy at times) continuing at least thru the first half of tomorrow then maybe a lull with another round of heavy rain tomorrow night into Monday. It looks like a widespread 1-2" rainfall w/locally higher amounts.

40 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Yeah another one of those few nice days we get this spring I can't take advantage of, but hey i'm free the next three days oh wait rain and 50's and stuff...

Got "fried/baked/sun damaged" this morning at Peace Valley Park. UV  this time of year is maxed...I look like an oompa loompa.

Good times ahead w/the rainy,cool days and stuff...very excited!

ol.jpg

• Haha 1

It's been like an old-fashioned fall nor'easter out there except it's a bit chillier.  Had 0.12" last night and am currently at 1.26" for today at post time, for a 1.38" 2-day event total so far.  Hit a high of 55 today at midnight but it has struggled to stay in the 50s and is currently 47 with on and off light rain and mist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JTA66 said:

I'm in no hurry to start month after month of hazy, hot and humid.

Nor am I.  However, we're in the middle of May and it's currently 48 degrees during the warmest time of the day.   Within 10 degrees of average would be nice.  

3 hours ago, BBasile said:

Nor am I.  However, we're in the middle of May and it's currently 48 degrees during the warmest time of the day.   Within 10 degrees of average would be nice.  

I'll probably start getting cabin fever tomorrow since it looks to be similar to today....

• Like 1

Temp down to 45 here and am up to 1.30" of rain so far today (1.42" 2-day total).  Radar looks pretty clear at the moment but it's still overcast, misty, and pretty windy.  I had put my overwintering potted tropicals out a week or so ago and I'm guessing they ain't liking this (although the rain has been giving their leaves a good cleaning).

• Like 1