Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2019 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Made a fast transition from winter not wanting to let go to spring 10 days ago, also the mostly under performing temperature thing is over as well. Get ready to roast!

And of course the always over performing rain pattern from last July until early March is also on hiatus and couldn't be happier with it.

Unless a super active Spring/Summer with severe weather every couple days and flying cows I'd pay good money to enter Fall next Monday. The whole clock thing and all....

4 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

All this hype on here and local news so I go to the mesos to take a gander and they are mostly showing a fropa with showers and hardly any convection Friday night and early Saturday. Confused.

Indeed, I fell for it too. I thought the meso's would be lit up like Notre Dame, but this is just normal April/May weather. I think people just forget what the climate is like year to year. Maybe the media is all over it because of the holiday? NWS doesn't seem all that impressed, just a FFW which are hardly out of the ordinary considering the last year. Kinda Ho' Hum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ended up with a high of 78 yesterday.  I think if the clouds currently advecting in from the SE are able to clear out enough to get some sun that allows the temp to ramp up early, then the instability might enhance any convective lines that might form later this afternoon.  Currently 64 and overcast this morning and the dews are in the mid - upper 50s already, so a bit juicy.

Currently 76 with dp 62.  Real sticky out.  Did get some fertilizer down for the plants so it gets rained in.  Had some sprinkles this morning that were enough to wet the walks but didn't tip the bucket. The sun has been in and out all day, although there has been quite a bit of stratus continually streaming in too, almost like you would see with a tropical storm near by.

Had 0.26" yesterday evening through to midnight and currently am up to an additional 0.84" today at post time (2-day total of 1.10").  The heaviest rates occurred some time between 5:30 and 6:30 am this morning, where at one point it was over 1"/hr.  Looks like the back end of it is coming through now.  Currently light rain and 66.

The back edge gave me one more hundredth of an inch of a parting shot getting me to 0.85" for the day and 1.11" for the 2-day event so far.  Was very unsettled much of the day until later this afternoon when the sun appearances were more sustained.   After a high of 72 a few hours ago, the air mass is slowly drying with dps in the upper 40s instead of the 60s.  Currently 66 and partly sunny.