• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WxBob
    Newest Member
    WxBob
LP08

March 8th Light Snow

Dusting on the grass/mulch. Snow trying to stick to the deck. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Amazing. I knew you would finally get a big storm this winter. If you got an inch for every time you complained you should be up to almost 60” by now. 

I keep forgetting that EVERY snowflake is precious and I should just be fortunate anything falls, and definitely never ever to report actual obs, even if they are bad. Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AdamHLG said:

It is legitimately snowing outside in Frederick enough so that the autopilot on my Tesla will not engage due lack of camera visibility. I actually need to drive back to Baltimore county the old-fashioned way and use my steering wheel.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Where's my violin?

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

UHI Hell is real. Not even a coating along the Potomac. Brutal.

I'm gonna need you not to post those obs, they are not allowed and unwelcome. Board rules, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snow hasn’t stopped. Looks like west EC, clarksburg and west Columbia are seeing decent rates / stickage. About a half inch out there. Was expecting 0.0” and white rain 

Just now, Deer Whisperer said:

temp seems to have bottomed out at 33F, at least until the sun goes down. deck and yard covered. probably the most consistent rates of any storm all winter 

Too funny, as we got nothing in the last 3 storms in our area

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

temp seems to have bottomed out at 33F, at least until the sun goes down. deck and yard covered. probably the most consistent rates of any storm all winter 

Yup.  This is pretty cool.  Not sure about the rates.  I did quite well in January.  This is great because I assumed white rain.  Recent cold helped.  If this is the end for us it’s a nice send off.  

Downtown near Farragut was all rain 30 mins ago. Took the metro 2 miles (and ~150ft in elevation) up Connecticut Ave to Woodley Park and it was all snow.

Brutal cutoff for the lowlanders.

Edit: I've got a dusting on all surfaces on the north side of my building, sidewalk included!

moderate snow continues in Clarksburg.   It would be a real surprise if we get a decent accumulation out of this light event though.  

• Like 1

True west of fall line type deal.  Really coming down but 34.  Hope it lasts a hour or two more.  

Just a beautiful snow today. Sitting on my couch, coffee in hand, watching out a large picture window while snow falls in the woods. My eutopia moment.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Sidewalks out...grass out...rocks out..legit event all things considered

28.3?