• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NegativeEPO
    Newest Member
    NegativeEPO

March 8th Light Snow

3k also an improvement from 18z.  Again we all know outside the favored areas this will be a dusting at best but what else are we going to talk about? :scooter:

90987CD9-1B00-4CBC-9D3E-C0B938CAE029.png

1 minute ago, Deer Whisperer said:

i just wanna see more flakes fall from the sky and if we get lucky not see rain

We will see a million times more flakes than we saw last weekend 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

0 x 1,000,000 = 0

:(

lol

I saw one flake before the deluge hit lol

If the current consensus of the models verify with accumulating snow for the western counties of VA from southern WV north, the ICON and the GFS twins schooled the Euro from 4-5 days out.  The King also had 4" for me on the last storm and I had 2".  Just stating the obvious and saying that although it is our best model to date, it isn't infallible.

Winding down again, an annual bummer but it lessens after many.

I like spring better than years ago, summer still too hot, fall great

9 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Winding down again, an annual bummer but it lessens after many.

I like spring better than years ago, summer still too hot, fall great

We will do it again in 8 months 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For stats-padding purposes: if I could pick up a half an inch on Friday, this season's total snowfall would surpass 2014-15's.   Still 2.5" away from double-digit snowfall totals for March.  If that could somehow fall the rest of the month, it would give me 3 double-digit months this winter, which has only happened once in our 13 winters here in WV (2013-14)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both Nams look better for Friday.  Not much in the way of accumulations for us near the cities but certainly in SW and western va could be in for a very nice event.

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

Both Nams look better for Friday.  Not much in the way of accumulations for us near the cities but certainly in SW and western va could be in for a very nice event.

Does it look better for us or them?  Or both

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

i might get more snow from tomorrows event that march 2001 and last weekend combined

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BristowWx said:

Does it look better for us or them?  Or both

It’s better for us but the surface is just a killer.  Never below 33-35 so while we get a few hours of steady snow, not much in the way stickage.  I think west of the fall line and out towards Leesburg will do better than last weekend.

3 inches gets me to 3 foot for the year, and measurable in every month except November. Not bad, but WAY below expectations from the early views on the winter. Still I'd call it a winning year if that happened. 

Here is the 3k sounding near DC.  I bet there is some stickage in the grass, trees, mulch if its right.

NAM3k Sounding Friday.png

Just now, wxdude64 said:

3 inches gets me to 3 foot for the year, and measurable in every month except November. Not bad, but WAY below expectations from the early views on the winter. Still I'd call it a winning year if that happened. 

You're probably the only person in our forum who had a HECS this year.

6 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Here is the 3k sounding near DC.  I bet there is some stickage in the grass, trees, mulch if its right.

NAM3k Sounding Friday.png

that looks great

• Like 1

Not liking the timing on the NAMs.  Snows here from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.  Earlier or later would be better for accumulations.

GFS shoots those of us close to the cities to almost 40 by 18z on Friday.  It's the warmest of all models at the surface.

4 minutes ago, LP08 said:

GFS shoots those of us close to the cities to almost 40 by 18z on Friday.  It's the warmest of all models at the surface.

3k NAM ride or die

Is this the kind of system that can adjust north at the last minute? I'm not a fan of the trends since yesterday.