• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wagsphoto
    Newest Member
    wagsphoto

March 8th Light Snow

It was moderate rain in downtown DC at 4 pm.  As soon as I crossed the Memorial Bridge, it turned into snow.  Really odd.

8 hours ago, Sparky said:

Half inch everything white.

7 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Most surfaces icing up . Sidewalks even icy now .Down to 31

.5" total

10 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Have about 1/2” on top of the old snow. Starting to get a light coating on paved surfaces now. 

Pretty much a PA/MD line and south event. Very light snow here for the duration with trace amounts and that is probably being generous.

1 minute ago, das said:

@Ka60, what was our total?  Looks over an inch. 

I measured it on my snowboard and three different spots 1.5”.  on grass 2.2” but I recorded it 1.5”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

0.8 here at Rt 355 and Rt 27 in Germantown.

Remember the great March clipper of 1999?  I cannot believe that was TWENTY years ago today.  Wow time flies.

Finished with a storm total of 2.2 inches here, no complaints. Just to my north by 10-15 miles and/or another 1000 foot in elevation here they got 4-5 inches! Trees are beautiful with the snow on them this am. Better enjoy, 60's tomorrow!!! Off to partake in pancakes and maple syrup and sausage up in Highland County (it is next weekend too for those that want to go), catch y'all later.

• Like 1

Beautiful last night with some fog and the trees covered with snow. Solid event.  .5. 

Still have snow covering all but roads out there, but the melt is on! I am torn on totals. Had more than a half an inch, and just shy of an inch in some spots... I will go with .75" which was better than last weekend's mega fail. Total for the year 27.25 which is NOT bad at all... just not the way I wanted it to happen!

Early this morning, it looked like the dead of winter with good snow coverage on the bare earth. The thing missing though is a fierce coastal. March is the month it can happen with competing air masses. All we need is luck.

1 hour ago, Wonderdog said:

Early this morning, it looked like the dead of winter with good snow coverage on the bare earth. The thing missing though is a fierce coastal. March is the month it can happen with competing air masses. All we need is luck.

The GFS has a signal for something on the 22nd. Imagine getting a second Spring equinox snowstorm in a row.

I’ll take the GFS signal for the coastal on the 19th first. It’s right where we want for this far out. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It really was a beautiful scene this morning.  Not much snow but the valley fog and sun rising was pretty cool.

Vvz4Z2u.jpg

arkSzNr.jpg

rVPAqMQ.jpg

• Like 6