Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 8th Light Snow

LP08

8 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

temp seems to have bottomed out at 33F, at least until the sun goes down. deck and yard covered. probably the most consistent rates of any storm all winter 

Yup.  This is pretty cool.  Not sure about the rates.  I did quite well in January.  This is great because I assumed white rain.  Recent cold helped.  If this is the end for us it’s a nice send off.  

Downtown near Farragut was all rain 30 mins ago. Took the metro 2 miles (and ~150ft in elevation) up Connecticut Ave to Woodley Park and it was all snow.

Brutal cutoff for the lowlanders.

Edit: I've got a dusting on all surfaces on the north side of my building, sidewalk included!

i don't know how much sun angle really mattered today.  it was pretty cold leading in.  it's the air temps that weren't great.  above freezing or marginal temps in january would still have some issues sticking, just like how freezing rain is lame unless temps are in the upper 20s.  i gotta think the effects that the insolation increase in march would have on stickage is pretty negligible.  if it's late april and snowing during the day with marginal temps, i think it's a more valid conversation to have.

• Like 2