• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 8th Light Snow

LP08

Maybe .75 in the grass.  About  .5" on my patio table once ii became shaded.  Shaded spots on North side of my house could be an inch.  Temp fell to 31F in the afternoon.  Had this been a nighttime event this would have been a 2 - 3" event.  Trees and grass look pretty.  No accums on roads or sidewalks.  Amazingly, they weren't frozen solid from the cold temps the last few days.

NAM certainly won this one.  Nailed the colder temps today.  

On 3/7/2019 at 9:31 PM, Fozz said:

I’m calling off Canaan. Not worth going all the way for an inch or two. I do hope to go some time this month, but it won’t be tomorrow.

If I ever say that I'm not going to Canaan Valley, then don't take my word for it. Something about it drew me right back in. It may have only snowed a few inches, but it was coming down all afternoon and conditions were amazing. It was so worth it.

r5Eq69r.jpg

kxzFqbh.jpg

49gWYtl.png

Z3lAfoC.jpg

qFyA0Nl.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mscott said:

You aren't far from me and I have all grass

covered and driveway and road starting to.

At work, (Bowie) had about 3 hours of steady snow. Had to broom the slush off my car to drive home. By Pax river it was rain, ground wet. Wife said it never snowed here. 6 mile difference. (12 total)

Lousy.

18 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

At work, (Bowie) had about 3 hours of steady snow. Had to broom the slush off my car to drive home. By Pax river it was rain, ground wet. Wife said it never snowed here. 6 mile difference. (12 total)

Lousy.

I used to hate my area until I heard that story.  Pax river is a beautiful area...but not if you like snow

Interesting UHI experience this afternoon. Left Tyson’s headed to Annapolis around 4:00. Snowing pretty good. Snowed all the way down GW Parkway but began to taper off as I crossed Roosevelt bridge. Once into the city, boom, snow cut off. No snow at all as I made my way through heart of downtown in North West. As I hit NY Avenue, now in North East, snow gradually came back. Not like in NOVA but there. Thought it interesting that even though further East than heart of downtown, the UHI impact of downtown won the day. 

8 hours ago, Sparky said:

Half inch everything white.

7 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Most surfaces icing up . Sidewalks even icy now .Down to 31

.5" total

10 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Have about 1/2” on top of the old snow. Starting to get a light coating on paved surfaces now. 

Pretty much a PA/MD line and south event. Very light snow here for the duration with trace amounts and that is probably being generous.

Finished with a storm total of 2.2 inches here, no complaints. Just to my north by 10-15 miles and/or another 1000 foot in elevation here they got 4-5 inches! Trees are beautiful with the snow on them this am. Better enjoy, 60's tomorrow!!! Off to partake in pancakes and maple syrup and sausage up in Highland County (it is next weekend too for those that want to go), catch y'all later.

• Like 1

Still have snow covering all but roads out there, but the melt is on! I am torn on totals. Had more than a half an inch, and just shy of an inch in some spots... I will go with .75" which was better than last weekend's mega fail. Total for the year 27.25 which is NOT bad at all... just not the way I wanted it to happen!

1 hour ago, Wonderdog said:

Early this morning, it looked like the dead of winter with good snow coverage on the bare earth. The thing missing though is a fierce coastal. March is the month it can happen with competing air masses. All we need is luck.

The GFS has a signal for something on the 22nd. Imagine getting a second Spring equinox snowstorm in a row.