Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 8th Light Snow

LP08

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I predict MD schools will not close early.  But may cancel evening activities.

VA schools are in a world all their own.

this is my hope as well. my day will go much smoother if i have to leave at 3pm vs 12pm 

23 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

1.5" and light snow here.  Road and driveway are covered.  3k says heaviest snow will be this afternoon.  Augusta County schools are closed, so my wife and I and the kids are off.  Snow day!!

You are about an inch up on me for the day, but least it did snow lol. I am curious to see what happens when that slug of moisture gets here from SW WV in an hour or so...

Some wet pixie dust with veiled sunshine here (Herndon, VA for those on smartphones). You know what they say about when it rains while the sun is shining... a baboon is giving birth. I wonder what is happening if it's snowing with sunshine?

38F/22F temp/dewpt here.

2 minutes ago, George BM said:

Some wet pixie dust with veiled sunshine here (Herndon, VA for those on smartphones). You know what they say about when it rains while the sun is shining... a baboon is giving birth. I wonder what is happening if it's snowing with sunshine?

38F/22F temp/dewpt here.

it means it's early march, and i'm ready for spring lol.

8 minutes ago, 87storms said:

sun is peeking through a bit here.  this initial wave is pretty weak.  i see some hope for the 2nd wave.

yeah the NAM twins don't even have this batch shown at all. They don't have precip making it to DC until 2-3pm. I was surprised to look out the window and see flakes just now downtown...

Just now, 87storms said:

you can clearly see on wv loop the main batch.  i like the prospects for that one:

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/SAT_US/animw.html

not a bad way to finish off the workweek.  how much will actually stick?  expectations low.

Yup.  First batch was not really modeled to do much around DC/MD.  Second batch is the "main show" for more northern folks.