• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 8th Light Snow

LP08

Under a WWA in Augusta County now for 1-3".  NAMs, Euro, GFS twins all look to be on board.  The ground here is still super cold and holding onto ice and snow from our last storm.  Low of 26 tonight and a high of 35 tomorrow should support accumulating snow.  I am excited and hoping it gives my wife and I a day off of work since we both teach.

Looks like a good small event for the counties west and southwest of me as well as counties to the north in western VA.

2 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

Under a WWA in Augusta County now for 1-3".  NAMs, Euro, GFS twins all look to be on board.  The ground here is still super cold and holding onto ice and snow from our last storm.  Low of 26 tonight and a high of 35 tomorrow should support accumulating snow.  I am excited and hoping it gives my wife and I a day off of work since we both teach.

Looks like a good small event for the counties west and southwest of me as well as counties to the north in western VA.

Same here. No day off, but I'll take whatever snow falls. Hopefully it happens and you get that 3 day weekend! :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Can we just delete this thread? This system is the story of the winter for me, another weak storm with marginal temps where maybe I see a few flakes for a couple hours then mix with rain. Pretty sure my snow total for the season will finish under 15”

Why would the thread need to be deleted just because you don't think the system is good for you?  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, osfan24 said:

The Euro needs to stop being held in such high regard. It's still probably the best model but it's no longer the king it once was.

It has really struggled this winter IMO.

I still have snow pack on the south east facing slopes out here. The ground is plenty cold. But I dont know if the air will be.

2 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

This is a snower  set up. Get ready for it and save the “I’m out” pout.

Yes. Light precip and marginal temps during the day in March almost always equates to "snowier".

Tell us more about the barometric pressure leading in.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Where?

Just on my drive home from work in NOVA, Rt 28, Dulles Toll Road, Hunter Mill Road, Lawyers road - all brined to at least some extent....   In places so much brine there's a dust cloud from the traffic.  sign....  Where's the Chesapeake conservation folks when you need them?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Baltimore beltway, Rt 175.  I don't remember if 295 was, as I was too busy dodging potholes.

295 is a dumpster fire right now. A dumpster fire that got thrown off a cliff. Then gotten strafed by an A10. Then nuked from orbit.

28 minutes ago, RDM said:

Just on my drive home from work in NOVA, Rt 28, Dulles Toll Road, Hunter Mill Road, Lawyers road - all brined to at least some extent....   In places so much brine there's a dust cloud from the traffic.  sign....  Where's the Chesapeake conservation folks when you need them?  

They are here, all concerned about a temporary "wet spot" in the woods on my property. They(MDE) call it a 'non tidal wetland', and it's protected. I call it a perfect Spring mosquito breeding ground, and a hazard to human health. If only I had lots of money, I could make them/it go away, just like the land developers do when they want to build on top of actual tidal wetlands.

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

They are here, all concerned about a temporary "wet spot" in the woods on my property. They(MDE) call it a 'non tidal wetland', and it's protected. I call it a perfect Spring mosquito breeding ground, and a hazard to human health. If only I had lots of money, I could make them/it go away, just like the land developers do when they want to build on top of actual tidal wetlands.

How do they even know about it?  That’s the kind of thing I would just take care of with some rock and dirt from Home Depot.  

43 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

How do they even know about it?  That’s the kind of thing I would just take care of with some rock and dirt from Home Depot.  

LOL. Don't think I haven't thought about it. It is a pretty large area.

I would if I could, but when I bought the lot, I signed papers acknowledging the restrictions- meaning I cant do anything to change the ecology of that area. That includes digging it into a pond, draining it, etc. Plenty of cases around here where people have paid hefty fines and even done jail time for (knowingly) permanently draining protected wetlands. Serious shit. Certainly possible they would never find out- but they generally do monitor it.