• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 8th Light Snow

LP08

If the current consensus of the models verify with accumulating snow for the western counties of VA from southern WV north, the ICON and the GFS twins schooled the Euro from 4-5 days out.  The King also had 4" for me on the last storm and I had 2".  Just stating the obvious and saying that although it is our best model to date, it isn't infallible.

For stats-padding purposes: if I could pick up a half an inch on Friday, this season's total snowfall would surpass 2014-15's.   Still 2.5" away from double-digit snowfall totals for March.  If that could somehow fall the rest of the month, it would give me 3 double-digit months this winter, which has only happened once in our 13 winters here in WV (2013-14)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

Both Nams look better for Friday.  Not much in the way of accumulations for us near the cities but certainly in SW and western va could be in for a very nice event.

Does it look better for us or them?  Or both

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

Both Nams look better for Friday.  Not much in the way of accumulations for us near the cities but certainly in SW and western va could be in for a very nice event.

i might get more snow from tomorrows event that march 2001 and last weekend combined

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BristowWx said:

Does it look better for us or them?  Or both

It’s better for us but the surface is just a killer.  Never below 33-35 so while we get a few hours of steady snow, not much in the way stickage.  I think west of the fall line and out towards Leesburg will do better than last weekend.

Just now, wxdude64 said:

3 inches gets me to 3 foot for the year, and measurable in every month except November. Not bad, but WAY below expectations from the early views on the winter. Still I'd call it a winning year if that happened. 

You're probably the only person in our forum who had a HECS this year.