Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,393
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX
    Joined
Spanks45

The Little Storm That Could - March 3/4

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Modfan said:

Door your neighbors dump all their snow in your yard? Might be the biggest snow banks from a 3" snow storm I have seen!

LOL and he only had 2". With 4 foot drifts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Modfan said:

Door your neighbors dump all their snow in your yard? Might be the biggest snow banks from a 3" snow storm I have seen!

That’s from the last 4 storms. There’s sleet and zr in there too. Haven’t seen grass since early Feb. Close to 3 weeks of pack. There hasn’t been any warm wx or much melting . It’s sad , but longest of winter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Modfan said:

Door your neighbors dump all their snow in your yard? Might be the biggest snow banks from a 3" snow storm I have seen!

Kevin's snow banks are legendary. You should see them when we get some real snow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Getting a bit dark for pictures, but my backyard is fully snowcovered.

23201918221.jpg

same here 80% coverage but my back porch and lawn still has 4-5 inches of glacier with 2 or a little less front yard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the snow in my yard has already been thrown at one or more of my children in balled-up form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few of the snow piles in the Enfield Mall parking lot have snow from the November snow storm. Some of the piles are currently big enough to hide a car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sn0waddict said:

In Bridgeport at the moment, rain/snow mix everything is just wet. 34F. Imagine it will get better by 8 though. 

How can the temps get to freezing if dew is 32 and temp 34?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah we had a hoops game in Simsbury today and it was all gone in the valley until you got into Bloomfield and Simsbury . I took this today at like 12:30 before we left . That’s why I say Morch snows are just to pad the stats . You lose that wintertime feel 

LnWqSsK.jpg

That looks like spring, it's almost like you brightened the photo up for affect.  

Windows down and arms hanging out the truck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The one side of my house still has solid ice/snow from weeks ago and 3 inches from the past 2 storms.....anything with more than 3 or 4 hours of sun was gone
Truck looks clean as usual

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That looks like spring, it's almost like you brightened the photo up for affect.  

Windows down and arms hanging out the truck?

I didn’t doctor it at all. I took it thru the window . But that noontime Morch sun. Tip has burned many a Nape at intense disc golf games with the fellas in Morches past 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

How can the temps get to freezing if dew is 32 and temp 34?

Plenty of cold wetbulbs off the deck. There will be latent cooling for some like BDR where there's a little melting. 34/32 is nothing to worry about. It may be one of those 32.5F paste bombs for some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I didn’t doctor it at all. I took it thru the window . But that noontime Morch sun. Tip has burned many a Nape at intense disc golf games with the fellas in Morches past 

26.2  :weenie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Plenty of cold wetbulbs off the deck. There will be latent cooling for some like BDR where there's a little melting. 34/32 is nothing to worry about.

Thanks I am at 32, was looking for Fairfield the town just south of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

A few of the snow piles in the Enfield Mall parking lot have snow from the November snow storm. Some of the piles are currently big enough to hide a car.

Costco had some huge ones from November

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

How can the temps get to freezing if dew is 32 and temp 34?

Wetbulb. Look at temps northeast of us towards Boston. I mean everything is on schedule if you are worried lol HRRR showed the first few hours as being rain/snow quite well. Things ramp up after 8

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×