Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Little Storm That Could - March 3/4

Spanks45

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks like it shifted north like 10 mi.

I almost get the feeling, going by past events, that the jack area (QPF with all snow) really could run from 128 on the North Shore-BOS-93 in Braintree and SW of there to NE Connecticut.

Normally these benchmark track coastals (and a lot others) give the jack to the 495 belt to ORH with a second max in SE Mass but only if there is a really cold airmass. This one doesn't have that feeling but I could be wrong.

Has BOS ever had a real jack with a coastal?

12 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I almost get the feeling, going by past events, that the jack area (QPF with all snow) really could run from 128 on the North Shore-BOS-93 in Braintree and SW of there to NE Connecticut.

Normally these benchmark track coastals (and a lot others) give the jack to the 495 belt to ORH with a second max in SE Mass but only if there is a really cold airmass. This one doesn't have that feeling but I could be wrong.

Has BOS ever had a real jack with a coastal?

Not sure I totally agree with that statement.  I've see many benchmark storms with a cold High pressure in place have a heavy snow swath track that extends from Worcester, east northeast to 128, Boston and the immediate North Shore down to where Scott is, Weymouth (Immediate South Shore). But in terms of the banding structure of the storm is a whole other story.

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

Not sure I totally agree with that statement.  I've see many benchmark storms have a heavey swath track that extends from Worcester eastnortheast to 128, Boston and the immediate North Shore. But in terms of cold air mass that is a whole different story in terms of the banding structure of the storm.

Yeah, seen plenty of those from afar before also. My point was more about Logan jacking. I should have been more specific when I meant BOS. Logan always seems to measure on the low end of things when it comes to other reports around the immediate Boston area.

The classic ORH up to Merrimack Valley banding is usually a given in coastals but I'm not sure about this one. I remember thinking that last year with the big March storm also becasue the banding wasn't modeled to get that far NW but of course it did, as Ray can attest to with his 30" jack