Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Little Storm That Could - March 3/4

Spanks45

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I may go down this season without recording a single storm over 10" which i would have to check my numbers but that would be rare.

I measured 4.25" before I left for work. Still snowing, but end is near. I thought we might have snagged 6-7" based on growth and rates right at the start around 9 last night. Was probably 0.5-1"/hr stuff. Must have let up after I fell asleep.

8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Official coop guidance now is one clear every 24 hours. But as long as you aren't clearing more frequently than every 6 hours, I'm fine with it. We only require that at LCD sites though.

Cool thanks. Usually try to clear at least once in windy events. This wasn’t. 

14.5 here in Hingham.  You remember each storm for something different.  The duration and intensity of this storm is unlike most I can remember.  The only other one that comes to mind was when we were living in Cambridge during the winter of 2010-11.  Remember being out at a bar till around 1230 with meh snow and the next morning having similar amounts of snow.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

6.5” here in Hubbardston. 7.” In Fitchburg

November storm still tops for my hood this season.  The totals in EMass, N RI, and CT are sweet!

Fronto ftw

I would have never guessed you and I would get the same amount based on you being about 25-30mi E of me.  Pretty morning. 

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I measured 4.25" before I left for work. Still snowing, but end is near. I thought we might have snagged 6-7" based on growth and rates right at the start around 9 last night. Was probably 0.5-1"/hr stuff. Must have let up after I fell asleep.

This one slipped away a couple days ago for up here, I'll be on the low end of my numbers but made reference to the SE or NW shifts playing a role in my post at HCS.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I would have never guessed you and I would get the same amount based on you being about 25-30mi E of me.  Pretty morning. 

I was thinking 8” for here up until I went to bed, so I was a bit off.  You did better than I expected.  My son got home from work at 11 and then got up to go snowboarding at 7. Back to work for 3...

to be young...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WeatherX said:

Made it to 8” here as it winds down. Good luck to everyone in the cross hairs!

Dont forget to submit your report to www.weather.gov. a lot of people went to sleep with the last measurement wayyyy early and Norwalk with only 5.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Looks like I missed a nice storm in Burlington, will ask wife to measure. No snow in Taiwan and 63, 75 tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I know from the 7AM snow reports from Burlington, MA got 13.4", Reading 13.0" (Ryan). So I'm not sure if we can squeezed out another inch until the  storm end but we'll see.  It's absolutely awsome that the heart of our viewing area got nailed like this.  This is what the winter should have been like starting December 3-4th instead of March 3-4th.:snowing:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

This parting shot was perfectly modeled by HRR.

NAM had this as well last night... residual lift ~ 750 mb moving through until about 10am

Nice ongoing activity and I'm pretty sure Logan cracks 10"...  having stuck my neck out to so many co-workers (with the same forecast map I posted here yesterday + local details), I care about final numbers at Logan and perception more than I might otherwise